Droid X Battery Questions

crwys

Reaction score
Ok so I have 2 questions, 1 is pretty simple, the other is well.. yea lol.

Is there a way to turn on my phone without the battery in?
(Like plugging the AC Adapter into your laptop without your laptop battery in it)

Is there any way to lower my battery usage "Display"
My phone usage is always
Display - 45% or higher
Phone Idle - 10-20%
Cell Standby - 10-15%
Everything else - 30-40%?

I have my brightness all the way down, lock timer on the lowest. But my phone always seems to lose its majority of battery to my Display. I always have GPS, Wifi, ect. off. It is never on airplane mode though. I just don't understand why my Display takes up so much battery but my other friends phones don't. My phone lasts me throughout the day but I feel like it should last longer.

Thanks.

Oh yea also is there any HDMI to RCA cables or FEMALE HDMI to RCA Cables? For my phone. (So i guess it would be Micro HDMI to RCA)
So something like only FEMALE type or micro type?
Amazon.com: HDMI to 3 RCA + VGA Cable M/M 1.8ft/6ft: Electronics

I think display is high on everyone's device.
Battery life is relative to what you do with the phone.
Smartphones are mini computers, I don't understand why people expect a smartphone's battery to last all day when they know their laptop battery won't last all day either.

This just illustrates that the display is the largest contributor to battery use and it's just the way it is. Remember that the percentages shown are the fractional amounts of the overall battery drop that each item consumes. So, if you've only used up 10% total battery but the battery usage reports the display was 80%, that just means 80% of the 10% or actually just 8% of the total usage.

So, unless you are willing to NOT look at the phone at all, this is just how it is. I'd ignore it and you'll definitely feel better in the long run.

I've never tried using the USB cable without the battery in so can't say if it works but it might. Give it a go and let us know!

Back