Droid X blur 3.4.2 changes

steveomac

Reaction score
does anyone know what changes were made to the 3.4.2 blur and if the 3.4.2 is stable enough to use.

and if anyone has any screen shots?

thanks

There is not alot that's changed. It is a bit smoother stock experiance than .340 and has a little better battery life. It also adds profiles and pocket detection but not much else. It is basicly similar to the build on the Droid Pro. It is stable but is finicky to install. Proceed with caution.

There is a big thread on this over at droidxforums site in the hacks section I believe.
Check it out and it should answer all of your questions.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I am running it at the moment and so far I really like it! It is very easy to install if you can follow a few simple instructions. There are many little improvements that I've noticed so far.

Its now also easily rooted as well. I think it's certainly worth taking a look.

P.S. There is one extra step in installing this. Upon first boot you need to go into recovery and clear data and cache, then all will be well.

I flashed this yesterday and it has been very stable so far. Just be sure you do that 2nd reboot/clear data and cache or it will reboot as soon as any app tries to install. After doing that I have not had any unplanned reboots. It has been responsive, shows improved battery life. I've also deodexed using the file by WugFresh attached to that same thread. I'm not sure what the Profiles are that FragDroidX mentioned, I'll have to check that out.

The profiles are when you hit the menu button while on the home screen it is the middle one on top. It let's you set up different profiles for when your at work or what ever ones you want. There very nice

It is several weeks later and I am still on this new Blur stock rom... that is amazing! I like it and it works very well. I like the additional features and the battery life is improved.The profiles are nice because you can switch depending on your mood or situation!

I am normally one who jumps around from rom to rom looking for what works best or simply has features I like. This new stock blur rom seems to be good enough to keep me in one spot for awhile. I find it strange that I don't even have the urge at the moment to switch to anything else. Maybe if I do get an urge I'll just try switching between the "Home, Work, or Weekend" profiles!

Give this thing a try... you might like it!

I ran this in yesterday to give it a try and I have to say it was a nightmare (lack of a better word).

I downloaded it, wiped data, cache, and dalvik... First, nothing but random reboots, couldn't install a damn thing. So... I booted in stock recovery and wiped data/factory reset. The random reboots were fixed, but I had a vicous lag.

Second, after multiple attempts I came to the conclusion... rooting was not going tto happen. So, I figured all right I will run it as is and see what's up.

3 hours later... SBF, boot strap, and restored my ApeX backup.

It was all just a bad dream.

:)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Really? It was laggy? I thought it was faster then any rom I was on and the battery life was at least double the battery life of every rom. But if you didn't have the same awesome experience I had then so be it.

I ran this in yesterday to give it a try and I have to say it was a nightmare (lack of a better word).

I downloaded it, wiped data, cache, and dalvik... First, nothing but random reboots, couldn't install a damn thing. So... I booted in stock recovery and wiped data/factory reset. The random reboots were fixed, but I had a vicous lag.

Second, after multiple attempts I came to the conclusion... rooting was not going tto happen. So, I figured all right I will run it as is and see what's up.

Wow, that's too bad... since it's one of the nicest running roms out there. Not sure what went wrong with your install. Rooting took me all of a few seconds to run. Sorry it didn't work out for ya.

Wow, that's too bad... since it's one of the nicest running roms out there. Not sure what went wrong with your install. Rooting took me all of a few seconds to run. Sorry it didn't work out for ya.

Everyone else seems to be impressed with it, that was the reason I gave it a run. Bad download perhaps???

I picked up mine from the Team Black Hat App... Is there somewhere else?

Forgive my ignorance, but I have two questions...

1. Is this an official Moto release?
2. If so, when is it expected to hit the DX?

Thanks.

Forgive my ignorance, but I have two questions...

1. Is this an official Moto release?
2. If so, when is it expected to hit the DX?

Thanks.

dont worry about it. just do some research first before you post extra questions that dont really need to be answered.

Anyways, Its not official. and idk when it will be officially released i never really want an update anyways. you can do some google searching if u are interested.

Back