Droid X Ear Speaker Issue

badpie99

Reaction score
Per my previous post I have a new issue I did not realize at first. While giving my Droid X an acohol bath I seem to have damage my ear speaker unit. It is so quiet now I cannot hear almost anything. On looking around google & ebay I do not see a replacement part for the ear speaker. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Carry it back to Verizon and ask for a replacement due to hardware issue...and then never give the replacement an alcohol bath....:biggrin:

Yea in terms of hardware issues their isn't too much a consumer can do. I would also suggest taking it back to Verizon and asking for a replacement.

Pretty sure these suggestions are fraud since u caused the damage and therefore a no no

Sorry to hijack the thread, but since this is related, when you have your ear piece volume turned all the way up, do you notice the ear piece or speaker "vibrating" or sounding kind of static-y with use?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but since this is related, when you have your ear piece volume turned all the way up, do you notice the ear piece or speaker "vibrating" or sounding kind of static-y with use?

Yes, and it's annoying. If it gets worse i'll be making a visit into Verizon.

Pretty sure these suggestions are fraud since u caused the damage and therefore a no no
If you have total coverage through Asurion, isn't ALL damage, including accidental and liquid, covered? The way I read the contract, even damage I do myself is covered. So causing the damage yourself is not a disqualifier for coverage as far as I can see.

Now I'd not go so far as to get alcohol in any of the holes of any phone but if I did and it failed, it's possible it could be covered based on the way the coverage is worded. It's not necessarily fraud to at least ask!

If you have total coverage through Asurion, isn't ALL damage, including accidental and liquid, covered? The way I read the contract, even damage I do myself is covered. So causing the damage yourself is not a disqualifier for coverage as far as I can see.

Now I'd not go so far as to get alcohol in any of the holes of any phone but if I did and it failed, it's possible it could be covered based on the way the coverage is worded. It's not necessarily fraud to at least ask!

That is covered. I'm meaning going into the store and trying to play it off like a manufacturer defect to get a free replacement.

That is covered. I'm meaning going into the store and trying to play it off like a manufacturer defect to get a free replacement.
Oh. OK. I see what you were saying.

Funny thing is that there are plenty of things you might think are fraud yet are totally covered! You have to look carefully at the coverage contract to know for sure sometimes.

I'm at 5/7 for earpeice volume. I thought it was my case. But after taking it off it isn't. I'll unroot and take my phone in if I get motivated enough to.

Thanks.

Yes, and it's annoying. If it gets worse i'll be making a visit into Verizon.

Sent from my DROIDX

Back