droid x newb

lmw907

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Lindsay and I am a DROID X newbie. Overall I like the phone but have found a few annoying things...that are kinda big on my list.

1. Calendar?!?!
2. Email

:icon_eek:

I shall read on...

:welcome: what problems are you experiencing with the calender and email ?

Sent from my Droid

yes please do share so we can help you with ur issues

Welcome! Perhaps the third time is a charm --- What problems are you having with your calendar and email?

Mike

I have no problems with my calendar or email (exception being the gmail sync issues of late that everybody is experiencing). There's a lot of settings on this phone so we can definitely help you if you can described the problems you're having.

And welcome to the wonderful world of Android!

Swyped from the BIGGEST BADDEST machine on the planet

I don't think that they are actual problems, yet. Just annoying. I would like the calendar to have a audible notification feature that you would have to physically acknowledge and I've noticed that the calendar jumps a lot. If I am viewing a certain day (that isn't the current day) in the agenda view it jumps back to the current day. If you use the repeat daily feature and set the date limits...the first day will have one notification of that event and the 2nd day will have 2 notifications, the 3rd day 3 notifications and so on.

Email: After I got tired of ackowledging the same email in both gmail and hotmail...I changed the settings to not have gmail capture my hotmail stuff. That was working out fine until a few days ago the phone just stopped receiving emails at all. I go into the hotmail accounts and hit refresh and the phone retrieves the emails. It is also frustrating that when you delete an email from hotmail on the phone that it won't delete it on the computer.

This is all new to me. The phone I had previous was an envy touch and I liked the email program on that. Simple and straight forward. I understand that the phone is a google phone...-sigh-

I am still learning.

Back