Droid X Overclock problems

leftspin

Reaction score
I've been using Android Overclock since I first rooted my phone and I've never had a problem with it until now. The other day I opened it up to add a new profile or something and it said that the module had not been installed, even though I had opened it less than two hours before that and everything was fine, and I would only have access to the most basic features (profiles and set CPU scaling), and now the menu only shows CPU Frequency Scaling, Extras, and Help/About but I know there are supposed to be other menu options there (unfortunately I can't recall what they are right now). The profiles and frequency scaling still seem to work fine, but when I try to use the "extras" such as changing LCD density, it doesn't work. It will let me move the slider, say it needs a reboot, and then when it reboots nothing has changed and when I open the menu everything is back where it was before I touched anything. I also tried downloading the separate "Root Tools" app from JRummy (same guy that makes Android Overclock) but I got the same results. I am using the paid version of Android Overclock from the market, not some cracked apk I found on Google, and as far as I know I didn't do anything to trigger this, it just sort of happened. What can I do to get the overclock module back?

I have my device rooted (obviously) and I am using MIUI 1.8.19

I use both of those apps and they are still working fine for me. Try going into manage applications and clear the data on em. You will have to resetup all your profiles but it might help. I had issues with android overclock force closing when I was on miui, and I think it was caused by the miui backup. When I would clear the data on the app, everything worked fine.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I've actually tried clearing the data and uninstalling and then reinstalling a few times and every time I open it up after clearing data or reinstalling the first thing I see is the message telling me that the module was not installed. I know a lot of things just don't cooperate with MIUI, and it hasn't been updated for the X in a while, so I may just SBF and flash a .602 based ROM when I get home tonight

From what I understand, the majority of kernels don't have overclocking capabilities. I always use chevys kernels and mine has always said that about the module. Try seeing if the deprimed kernel is compatable for the droid x. That one I believe can be overclocked. As far as the other stuff going on, I'm not sure.

I always use Chevy's kernels as well and never had a problem before. I'll give the deprimed kernel a shot though, thanks for the help!

No problem. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Back