Droid X, voice command keeps launching

ClickClickBoom

Reaction score
Brand new droid x w/ 2.2. The voice command dialogue box keeps launching completely by itself. It will be sitting on the table when I hear it vibrate. Voice command.

Then, if I click cancel, the voice command dialogue box will go away, and come right back. It also often launches the search dialogue box too. It gets stuck in a loop of opening the dialogue, and closing and repeat for minutes.

Maybe a defective search button? i wasn't able to find anything about this through search. very frustrating.

Brand new droid x w/ 2.2. The voice command dialogue box keeps launching completely by itself. It will be sitting on the table when I hear it vibrate. Voice command.

Then, if I click cancel, the voice command dialogue box will go away, and come right back. It also often launches the search dialogue box too. It gets stuck in a loop of opening the dialogue, and closing and repeat for minutes.

Maybe a defective search button? i wasn't able to find anything about this through search. very frustrating.

Could be a defective component. But I have to tell you these things are very sensitive. You sure you're not accidentally hitting that search button on the face of your X?

Positive im not touching it as when it happens it keeps launching over and over again. I think it may be a defective button as when its happening if I hold down search a few times it will stop

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

are you using headphones? my x used to do that with verizon jawbreakers

Voice search or voice command? On my X, holding the search key brings up voice search, double clicking the home button brings up voice command

DX/Tapatalk/SlideIT

No headphones

Its the voice search. Same you get if you hold down the search key

Hobn -- How did you fix it? I'm having the same problem with my EVO 4G with headphones and can't find a solution anywhere!

are you using headphones? my x used to do that with verizon jawbreakers

my phone does the same thing ready to throw it through the wall have u fixed it yet

Back