Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Just got this tweet:

AllDroid
We have a Droid X with Froyo running on it and FULL ROOT (including working su). More to come as it's available. (please RT)

Now that there's a possibility to have froyo on the X soon, I'm ready to upgrade from my Droid 1. I sure hope this turns out to be legit.

Now that there's a possibility to have froyo on the X soon, I'm ready to upgrade from my Droid 1. I sure hope this turns out to be legit.

It is....AD has the Developer X Device.....

I think it is possible for open bootloader because it is a dev phone. If not it has the key to unlock the droid x to its full potential?

They also think it's got an open bootloader....

Open Developer Bootloader....Not a production bootloader.

what do you think the potential that they could reverse engineer a hack to the bootloader.. you would assume the bootloader would function the same on a dev phone but just be unlocked.. right?...

I'm sort of getting above my pay grade here so correct me if I'm wrong..

I am sure the developer device will help alot... I have no idea on the actual process to unlock any kind of software....

They also think it's got an open bootloader....

Open Developer Bootloader....Not a production bootloader.

what do you think the potential that they could reverse engineer a hack to the bootloader.. you would assume the bootloader would function the same on a dev phone but just be unlocked.. right?...

I'm sort of getting above my pay grade here so correct me if I'm wrong..

Remember.....anything designed by a person (the bootloader) can be hacked by a person. It's just a matter of time.........that is the key. Devs will not put months and months into this. Easier for them to get a HTC device hacked and running. Moto did a bad thing in my opinion locking the bootloader on the X

GO BIG RED!!!

The way I see it, Im enjoying my great device as is..Then when its cracked (the bootloader) Ill enjoy my Really Great Device.

Patience my friends.

It is a lot easier with a developers device........

As I don't know how they came to have this device but If I am guessing someone one motto Released it on The D/L as motto did not want to lock bootloader at first but verizon made them as I have been Informed by a source that a phone with the same specs as the droid x will be coming or released on T-Mobile Network now but not sure as I do Not follow T-Mobile network's Phones but I have been informed that the bootleader for this phone is open....

But back to the developers device it is alot easier to write/Create a program to unlock bootloader for the device code...I am not sure as I have not done anything with mobile devices code for about a year now & a year in the wireless world that is 10 years but hope the dev's do it if they do I might consider getting the droid x over the motto 2

Back