Droid1 dies over night

ricks

Reaction score
Its doing it again, last night I powered off my Droid with 50% battery left at 1 am and this morning at 8 am I powered up my phone and it was at 5% battery. Seven hours on off. I hope the replacement doesnt have any issues.

This morning battery totally dead while off. last night it was at 50%.

Sometimes the battery indicator is wrong. I've seen mine go to 10% for no apparent reason. I shut it off and back on and it goes back to the correct level.

Why not just connect it to the charger at night so you know your phone is fully charged every morning?

Try taking the battery out and using a pencil's eraser, rub the contacts on the battery and the phone. Then recharge overnight and see what happens.

No offense, but I have never understood why people dont just plug their phones into the charger at night.

I NEVER turn my phone off (my X is my work phone) and charge it all night. End result = dont have to worry about the battery dying....I also use the extended battery which works great.

Which extended battery ?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Its doing it again, last night I powered off my Droid with 50% battery left at 1 am and this morning at 8 am I powered up my phone and it was at 5% battery. Seven hours on off. I hope the replacement doesnt have any issues.

If you are getting a replacement phone, your troubles may (repeat - may) not be over. If your battery is draining and the phone is powered down (there should be nothing using power) then I would first suspect a battery issue. You might want to charge the battery to 100% then pull it out and leave it out overnight. Reinstall in the morning and see where you are. If it only drains while in the phone, then yes, I'd agree it's the phone. If you reinstall and it has lost charge, then it's the battery.

If you have any apps that use data (and they all do), then your phone is syncing every night. That uses data and battery because the radio ain't free, as they say.

That's a fairly heavy battery drain, but if you're in a low-signal area it will be. Plug it in at night to be safe.

I have a great signal. I tried the battery out of the phone before and it stayed full. I know it is the phone. I cant see any apps pulling battery power when its off. I have nothing set to sync as far as e-mails or facebook. I guess its a mental thing, that I like to turn my phone off when I sleep. I think that I may be the only one who turns off the phone at night.

Turning the phone off completely. My phone uses more battery power off than on.

I'm assuming you're running stock here. How long does it take to charge up to full from 5%?

Also, if you pull the battery out and let it sit overnight, how well does the battery hold the charge outside the phone?

Running stock and it takes 2 hours to charge to 100%. Ever since new in March.

Two hours on the wall charger is excessive. One hour is what it should be. Either you have a short in the phone, or a bad battery, would be my guess.

Back