Dropped my GN on a cement floor and watched it bounce...

Riley

Reaction score
And my heart almost stopped. I thought for sure after it flew out of my pocket and bounced off raw cement three times the screen was shattered. But the screen is flawless. It did however crack the bezel on a corner and dented the plastic on two corners real bad. Cosmetic. Started running with sweats on towards my basement stairs after hearing my three year old come out if his room after bedtime. I think its time for some sort of case that doesn't effect the beautiful screen. I'll change up my car dock to something else. That was soooo close to being so much worse. I'm still pissed though lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

how people are so careless with their $600 hardware is BEYOND me. Glad to hear it still works...

how people are so careless with their $600 hardware is BEYOND me. Glad to hear it still works...

Well when it comes to your kids....I didn't realize it was in my pocket....I usually treat my phone like a raw egg.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Stuff happens. We all have dropped stuff before. The best case for drops:

1) otter box defender

2) seidio convert case

3) otter box commuter

4) incipio (the one i linked above)

Thickest cases:

1) otterbox defender
2) seidio convert case
3) otterbox commuter
4) incipio

If you work in a harsh environment grab the first. But if you just want a thin case that does not have a lot of bulk but offer decent amount of protection then grab the incipio.

Stuff happens. We all have dropped stuff before. The best case for drops:

1) otter box defender

2) seidio convert case

3) otter box commuter

4) incipio (the one i linked above)

Thickest cases:

1) otterbox defender
2) seidio convert case
3) otterbox commuter
4) incipio

If you work in a harsh environment grab the first. But if you just want a thin case that does not have a lot of bulk but offer decent amount of protection then grab the incipio.

Got the incipio case on mine. Love it. Its taken one drop that had me concerned, but I caught it w/ my shoe.

Sent from my Galactic Unicorn!

Crap! Sorry to hear that man! I have a buddy who has broken SEVERAL iphones because of his kids. (phone in inside suit coat pocket, forget about it, bend over to pick up kid, iphone goes smash!) You are not alone! ;)

Last edited:
$600 or his son....I wonder which one he cares more about....

Things happen and it's situations like these that are unpredictable. He wasn't careless, he was being an attentive father

$600 or his son....I wonder which one he cares more about....

Things happen and it's situations like these that are unpredictable. He wasn't careless, he was being an attentive father
Lawl wut? Obviously the phone is more important.

/s

Does the Incipio case work with the extended battery? Haven't been using mine cause my cause does not fit with it. Standard I get amazing batter still so it's no big deal, but if I had the extended one and a NICE looking case as well.. oh boy. :)

Yes it works with the extended battery, there is a tiny gap where the two pieces of the case come together but it's really not that noticeable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

the Commuter is very nice. i dropped/threw my phone about 4feet of the ground on cement and it was perfectly fine. i love this thing

Back