dumb question of the day alert...

kinfolk248

Reaction score
ok so i 'think' i unlocked my nexus. did the whole routine, in bootloader it says status unlocked and shows the lock shows the unlocked symbol when booting up but when its sleep the slide lock symbol shows a locked one...whats up with that? cus if everyone elses lock screen shows an unlocked lock then i want mine to show that too cus it does look pretty cool... any help??

and ya i do see su superuser in my app drawer, is it possible to root without being unlocked?

AFAIK you can't root without unlocking.. now as far as the lock on the lock screen there are two of those, one in the center of the circle showing locked, other one on the right of the circle once you start sliding showing unlocked... I believe that is pretty standard... some custom roms and themes may have it looking differently..

AFAIK you can't root without unlocking.. now as far as the lock on the lock screen there are two of those, one in the center of the circle showing locked, other one on the right of the circle once you start sliding showing unlocked... I believe that is pretty standard... some custom roms and themes may have it looking differently..

oh ok, the lock in the circle is locked but i am rooted b/c i just installed rom manager so idk...

they're different symbols.

The one on the boot screen means your phone is unlocked. The one you move is to unlock to phone so it can be used.

Back