DX Battery Life

Moroney167

Reaction score
Im sure a brocken record but after dowmloading a few apps for widgets amd this and that. Im worried its got to much going on all at once. Is it mith or not that the task killer hurts the battery more. Seems I download advance task killer and that is the one app that is always open, yet show apps lile amazon always on and stuff I dont even accidentally open. Any advise for me. I email and do some texting throughout the day and would like to make the battery last all I can. Calls a bit too of course but no games. If I played them I wouldnt expect anything else but dead batteries.

So use a task killer our no. and by have beautiful widgets out and running as well as weather bug right under it is that bad and to much. I rather theweather bug. Also launcher pro does that hurt battery to create al these themes and settings?

Thanks for dealing with all that,
Jim

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Task killers aren't needed because Android already manages tasks. When ATK shows an app open, it doesn't mean its doing anything. Apps you open will open other apps to function properly. This is why removing a lot of the preinstalled apps is a bad idea. Launcher Pro and themes should have little to no effect on battery life. WiFi constantly on but not connected is a big drain as it will scan for an access point every 60 seconds. However, WiFi (if available)uses less battery than 3G so use it if you have it. Widgets can effect battery life as well depending on how often they update.

DroidForums junkie!!

Very helpful!

Ill be trying to switch wifi off more because its probably jumping around a lot at my shop that might help a ton.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Like mentioned above, task killer is not needed, and your phone will run better without it. (I have tried it both ways). You should pretty much be able to run as many apps as you like without effecting battery. If they are apps that update themselves, like weather or news, just set the refresh rate to something reasonable, like every hour or couple of hours. I have found the battery life to be very good with the stock battery. If you want more battery life, go buy the extended battery and you will have no problems at all.

From just using the X for a short time, these are what I have found as the top battery killers(that you can control)-most will be obvious-.

1) Screen. Lower the brightness as much as you can tolerate, turn it off when done looking at it rather than waiting for it to time out.

2)Wifi-same as above, turn it off when not using it. Turn it off during your sleeping hours, etc.

Don't charge your phone until it gets down to 20% or so.

I have gotten close to 40 hours with low to moderate use-browsing, texting, etc.

Back