DX Darkslide V3 - top shelf ROM for the DX

steven.rn

Reaction score
I wish BBcrackman's stuff was posted here too, but for those of you who like Dark themes on the X; this is IMO the cat's pajamas.

Dark throughout, with something hundreds and hundreds of icon customizations (the alarm clock icon is particularly sweet), it's a rom that follows the philosophy "less blur" but not "blurless"- he includes Contacts, Camera and Phone, which I'm always trying to add back in- just the minimum you want for the best performance out of the X.

With all factors equal (DX clocked at 1100 ULV) I get my best quadrant scores on this rom. I have no idea why, but that's just the raw result.

This puppy is just what I'm looking for in a DX ROM; Chevy's SSX being a close second.

If you like, you can check out BB's thread at

DX DarkSlide v3 - Blurless

I appreciate all the Devs, and have tried the new Fission, Apex, Tranquility, and SSX out on my phone. They each have their particular charms, and who knows, maybe Darkslide isn't your particular cup of tea.

But I can tell you, it's a sweet, sweet ROM and blazin' fast for me.

Cheers!

Steven.RN

i agree i had darkslide v2 and it was great, downloaded this morning and its even better. a must for everyone. dancedroid

Well I've gotta say I have been happy with my setup for a long while now.

But BBCman does great work and the names affiliated with his team really sells it.

I knew 928 had been working with him and it shows in the theming of that ROM.

It might be time for a change. Sure do love my rubiX though:)

I'm happy with this rom so far. I'm new to rooting and this is my first one. It runs pretty smooth for me though

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I've been running this ROM since he released it upgrading from v.2 also and this ROM was probably thee best so far all around. Best quadrant score was on stock clocking at over 2000. when i OC'd higher the score kept going down @1.45 medium voltage it dropped to like 1200 LOL

I especially like the custom theme also with the invis lock slider

How's this rom compare to RUBIX? How is the battery life on this rom?.

I came from Rubix and got an extended batt so can't help u in that department.

I wish BBcrackman's stuff was posted here too, but for those of you who like Dark themes on the X; this is IMO the cat's pajamas.

Dark throughout, with something hundreds and hundreds of icon customizations (the alarm clock icon is particularly sweet), it's a rom that follows the philosophy "less blur" but not "blurless"- he includes Contacts, Camera and Phone, which I'm always trying to add back in- just the minimum you want for the best performance out of the X.

With all factors equal (DX clocked at 1100 ULV) I get my best quadrant scores on this rom. I have no idea why, but that's just the raw result.

This puppy is just what I'm looking for in a DX ROM; Chevy's SSX being a close second.

If you like, you can check out BB's thread at

DX DarkSlide v3 - Blurless

I appreciate all the Devs, and have tried the new Fission, Apex, Tranquility, and SSX out on my phone. They each have their particular charms, and who knows, maybe Darkslide isn't your particular cup of tea.

But I can tell you, it's a sweet, sweet ROM and blazin' fast for me.

Cheers!

Steven.RN

Thanks for this post! This rom has become my absolute favorite!

Def like this rom better than the latest rubix, better battery life and more stable. But I just switched to Apex 1.0.2.2, & idk if it's just better build prop edits, but I think Apex runs noticeably quicker & smoother (imho). All installs were on fresh data/cache clears as well.

Didn't think to check the actual figures on Darkslide to compare, but Apex has something like keep 50 mb free, heap size 48, & max events at 68 (the last two figures are outside the easy to configure limits on jrummy's oc app). Other than those differences, not sure what else is under the hood...

Def like this rom better than the latest rubix, better battery life and more stable. But I just switched to Apex 1.0.2.2, & idk if it's just better build prop edits, but I think Apex runs noticeably quicker & smoother (imho). All installs were on fresh data/cache clears as well.

Didn't think to check the actual figures on Darkslide to compare, but Apex has something like keep 50 mb free, heap size 48, & max events at 68 (the last two figures are outside the easy to configure limits on jrummy's oc app). Other than those differences, not sure what else is under the hood...

I went from Apex to this, due to Apex giving me noticeable lag...this only occasionally gives me SLIGHT lag...this seems equally as fast/smooth as Rubix...

Sent from my DROIDX

Have any of you tried DarkSlide 3.3? I just installed this evening, and it's awesome so far!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back