easy way to root nexus?

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I want to root my nexus but am afraid that if ther are alot of steps I will mess up and brick my phone. Is there a simple way to root it?

I am in the same boat as you mate. I want to unlock and root this phone but with all the steps I am scared I will brick phone.

I want to root my nexus but am afraid that if ther are alot of steps I will mess up and brick my phone. Is there a simple way to root it?
Wugfresh is the easiest. Make sure you do all the backups offered. You will not brick your phone if you follow all the steps. Very simple, plug in, backup, unlock, root.
It even offers a return to stock / lock with a few clicks.

If you're really afraid to get your feet wet with rooting, then Wug's Toolkit is the easiest way to do so.

I did all the step i keep getting msg. Device not found

I did all the step i keep getting msg. Device not found
Uninstall all the previous drivers through your device manager (assuming you're on a PC) and try it again. I never ran into any problems with Wug's.

If you still have trouble you can manually download the drivers, just Google "Galaxy Nexus drivers". Sorry on my phone and out of time to help search for drivers.

Did you reboot the computer before re-installing the drivers?

What happens if you type adb devices?
This is key. Drivers act weird for whatever reason, even when they're deleted they really aren't until you do a restart.

Unlocked phone now just need help with roms . I want better battery life ,better radios ,and better sound and anything else that will make my phone show its true potential.

Last edited:
Back