Ebay update

acejavelin

Reaction score
Anybody else seeing extreme battery drain with the Ebay update that came out today?

I updated about noon and played with it a little bit, then backed out with the back button and threw the phone in my pocket, didn't touch the phone until about 4:15 or so and my battery had gone from 90% to 52% in that time, GSAM shows almost 2 hours of Keep Awake time during that period when it should have been closed. Had to FC it, didn't restart on it's own.

Attachments

• ebay battery.jpg
    ebay battery.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 247
So did your phone win the item ? :D

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano

My phone wouldn't let me see my item ending soon unless I updated... So I so, and the app force closes, then Google play is force closing, I rebooted and ebay still is force closing, I am not happy, I uninstalled so I can still use my phone, it wouldn't even function with ebay updated. I'm aggravated because ebay forced me to update even though I had nu wifi available, I waste my bandwidth and can't use it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like they pulled the v2.0 of their app... "recalled" was the exact term they used. Actually this is pretty bad, now when my phone is 4G it works for about 10 minutes, then it just sits with the UP Arrow lit up all the time, force into 3G and it works fine, very odd, never had an issue with 4G since day 1 of this phone and now this? I don't believe in coincidence but this one is pretty tough to ignore. I uninstalled the eBay app and reverted back to 1.8 and it is still doing it, looks like I am going to have to Factory Reset and see if it's an app thing or hardware issue . *&@#%$(@*(

EDIT: Have rebooted several times with Fastboot disabled, done a couple battery pulls too, still losing 4G service, but not signal, and the 4G icon is getting stuck with the Up Arrow lit up all constantly, and the phone starts heating up when that occurs too... Just locked it in CDMA mode for now and everything there is looking good so far (actually on WiFi now for the night), but it looks like that Factory Reset is getting closer and closer.

And this morning I turned 4G on two hours ago, no problems yet. Weird, but good.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Droid Forums

Back