Elektrobit's Android Phone Tailored for Security; Could Win Ugliest Android Award

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
eb-android-platform1.jpg

A company call Elektrobit is designing what they call their Specialized Device Platform for Android smartphones. The purpose is to tailor make Android smartphones for public safety, security and defense industry markets. Their "current" model sports the following features:
  • Froyo
  • 1GHz single-core OMAP3
  • WVGA capacitive touchscreen (either 4-, or 4.3-inch)
  • 5 megapixel camera, VGA front-facing camera
  • WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS with quad-band GSM, tri-band UMTS / HSDPA and CDMA2K / EVDO support
These specs are a bit "lack-luster," but Elektrobit is working on a Gingerbread/LTE model as well, and more powerful options next year. It would be convenient to utilize one of these Androids in the field if you were in one of these industries, but the design could easily win an "Ugliest Android" contest if there were such a thing. Ultimately, law enforcement, protection and military arenas don't need it to be "pretty", so the idea of it is pretty impressive nonetheless. What do you guys think?

Source: Engadget

I actually think it's pretty badass looking

It does look.....different. And military-like.

If it serves a purpose, so be it.

I feel like this phone should have been in a movie made in the 80's about what phones would look like now, make sense??? Haha

ugliest android?!
try ugliest phone!

it is interesting to see military adopting android phones. not just this, but i think there was something a few months ago describing how the military would soon be using android.

Reminds me of a Nighthawk (aka: Stealth Bomber)

Sent via Optimus Prime

I like it, too. I guess I am the only one that sees this as being the new batphone? It has the styling of the rest of the reboted batman stuff.

Back