Email not responding

ArtGamble711

Reaction score
Almost every time I open Email, it shows a bunch of the emails I have, but will not let me open them or delete them. After a little while I get an error message,

EMAIL IS NOT RESPONDING.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO CLOSE IT?

cHOICES ARE wAIT OR nO

I usually close it, open email again and all is fine.

This is VERY ANNOYING

What can I do?

Last edited:
Same thing happens to me...VERY FRUSTRATING!!! Have you fixed your issue??

It is getting worse. On Saturday the phone totally locked up. Touch screen did not work at all.

I had to do a reset to factory by hitting up volume, power and home button all at same time.

Verizon said the email app that comes from Samsung is not that good, I should use the gmail app. I don't use gmail (but they showed me how to have my pop3 account go to gmail)

I don't like the gmail app as much becasue you can not do a bulk delete. I geover 500 spam emails a day and you have to delete them from the spam folder one at a time.

This is not acceptable to me.

It looks like I will soon have my 4th Galaxy S3, but technically it will be my 6th becasue I have done factory resets twice.

NOT happy with the phone.

NOT happy with Verizon.

ArtGamble711 said:
It is getting worse. On Saturday the phone totally locked up. Touch screen did not work at all.

I had to do a reset to factory by hitting up volume, power and home button all at same time.

Verizon said the email app that comes from Samsung is not that good, I should use the gmail app. I don't use gmail (but they showed me how to have my pop3 account go to gmail)

I don't like the gmail app as much becasue you can not do a bulk delete. I geover 500 spam emails a day and you have to delete them from the spam folder one at a time.

This is not acceptable to me.

It looks like I will soon have my 4th Galaxy S3, but technically it will be my 6th becasue I have done factory resets twice.

NOT happy with the phone.

NOT happy with Verizon.

Doing 2 factory resets does not mean you have gotten 2 phones. I'm not even understanding how you can think that is possible. Anyhow, I wouldn't be able to give my input on the email app because I use gmail and yahoo. I hope you get the issue fixed.

Same thing happens to me...VERY FRUSTRATING!!! Have you fixed your issue??

ditto but with Samsung Galaxy II. It reliably freezes e-mail with same message then restarts as if nothing happened only to do it again later.

Still have the same problem It freezes 100% of the time on the first attempt to look at emails. Then, usually on the second or third attempt it is fine. I love everything else about this phone, but would never recommend it to someone else.

Anybody thinking about getting this as a new phone should be warned....get something else!

Back