Email over wifi?

GlennUK

Reaction score
Dear All

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I have my exchange email account set up on the S4 and when i am in the uk pick up email via the 3G network normaly.

However, when i roam abroad or am connected to wifi, i would like the S4 to use the wifi connection for downloading my emails. This used to work but for the last two trips abroad, this is not working. I turn data roaming off to avoid the high fees associated with using the 3G network, but have not had this problem before that.

I cannot find anywhere which says when connected to the wifi use this to download data, anyone know where this facilitiy is buried on the S4?

For confirmation this is not a wifi connection problem per se, i can access wifi networks and the internet fine, its only pushing email via this route.

Thanks in advance.

Just one thing,i have installed developer tools as this allows me to use the samsung like a usb stick when connected to a pc. not sure if this has anyhting to do with it.

Glenn

Welcome to the forum

I'm not certain I had to change anything for my S4 to do this but whenever I'm connected to WiFi I am clearly using the WiFi for the mail as indicated by activity on the WiFi icon and my data use reflects that as well. In fact app updates, mail and browsing are all on the WiFi when I;m connected.

Back