Emergency Call Button

ShoeEatingDinosaur

Reaction score
I have an LG Optimus phone that I just got yesterday, and I put a pattern screen lock on it. When it's in my pocket, the "emergency call" button keeps getting pushed and I keep dialing 911. I want to know a way to get rid of it on that screen or to make it so I can't pocket dial the police every 10 minutes

Same problem

I have the same issue witht his phone. From a usability standpoint, I think this is a major UI usability bug with the phone. If there is no way to fix this, then LG, may have to update its software to fix this.

I have had a number of android phones, and I validated that all of the phone that I have right now, when you press emergency call, you ALSO have to type 911, and send to dial 911.

It looks like this phone, all you have to do is press the emergency call button, and 911 is already pre-populated as the number. Unfortunately the send button is RIGHT in the exact same place where the "emergency call" button was. So this means two quick accidental presses on the screen at the same spot makes the phone dial 911! Even with the phone locked! this is NOT a good design!

If someone has a connection at LG so that maybe they can become aware of this issue please pass it along.

Temporary Solution

I've been looking for the answer to this too and couldn't find any good ones so I just started playing around with my phone.

Simple solution is to change your security from pattern to a PIN or Password. The initial lock screen won't have the emergency call button anymore. Instead there will be an unlock slider and sound off slider. After you slide the unlock, THEN you can put in your password/PIN and the emergency button will also be on that second screen.

I really hope LG changes the pattern lock soon though because I really prefer it over the other types. Hope that helps in the mean time.

Back