Enable Hidden Multi-Window Mode In Android 6.0 Marshmallow

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Android is pretty good with multitasking via the speedy recent apps button. You can jump between apps and web pages pretty quickly with this feature. There is also a hidden feature within Android 6.0 Marshmallow which should make multitasking even better. The new multi-window feature allows you to run many processes on one screen for the ultimate multitasking experience.

This feature is in its beta form at the moment. A warning will pop-up when you enable it letting you know that the feature is experimental and may cause apps to crash or not function properly when used with the feature. Enabling this is pretty simple. You will need to have a bit of knowledge of how to run commands with adb and have an adb environment set up on your PC. For full instructions head to the link below.

via XDA

Trying it now on my nexus 5 as im running a 6.0 rom now.

fb975f85eb89a5400b4e4bdc24dff8db.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

13be32eb09bef8fe301a327b97b53a07.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm going to install 6.0 on my nexus 7 2013 and give this a shot... I don't ever use it on my note 2, it's always been an absolute pain and honestly not enough screen real estate. on the note 7 I can see this being very very useful. thanks for the pics @pc747

Multi window is a work in progress and when you play with it it is obvious why Google left out. With that says, I look forward to seeing what the devs do with it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I know with the Note 4, not all apps support multi window. With my jide Remix Ultra tablet, they get around that by tricking apps into phone mode to put them in their own window.

Back