Endless Reboot Bug In Android N Developer Preview 4

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Google has been utilizing the Developer Preview system for the past several major updates of Android. This gives Android the ability to find and squash bugs prior to an official release, but more importantly it allows developers to develop their apps to run on the new version of Android. Google will be the first to admit that the Developer Preview builds are Beta and as such will have bugs. They suggest running the stable versions if you don't want buggy software.

One pesky bug has popped up over the past several days. Nexus 5X and Xperia Z3 devices running the Dev Prev 4 build have been finding themselves in an endless reboot loop when wifi is enabled. The bug has been acknowledged by Google who have already said a fix will be present in the next update.

via code.google.com

I didn't even know this was a issue. I have been running the preview builds with minimal bugs and when I find one, they are small.

Only bug I have noticed, other than the occasional app FC, is YT videos failing to play at times.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've had YT videos not playing, Gmail not allowing me to add a new account and a weird bt issue with my car. I chalked the last to it being a FORD.

Found a bug the other day and waited for it to repeat itself. When deep sleep is initiated by Doze, all email notifications are stopped as normal, but when the device is woken up and the emails are deleted via the notification bar each unread email will give off a notification sound. Not a big deal when there are only two unread emails, but when you have ten it gets annoying.

Anyone else have this issue?

Found a bug the other day and waited for it to repeat itself. When deep sleep is initiated by Doze, all email notifications are stopped as normal, but when the device is woken up and the emails are deleted via the notification bar each unread email will give off a notification sound. Not a big deal when there are only two unread emails, but when you have ten it gets annoying.

Anyone else have this issue?
I always set my app to only notify silently for email. I don't need a ding every time I get junk mail. Haha!

Back