Eris in the bathroom....

gruve

Reaction score
I guess my wife likes to take her phone into the bathroom while she is taking a shower. Leaves it by the vanity so she can check time when she is getting ready. She had noticed her battery was being drained during the day with little to no use. Charged it all night, and by the end of the day has 5% left. We took it into VZW last night as she has had the phone for 35 days. Took off the back plate on the phone and noticed the moisture strip had turned red as if she dropped it in water. The moisture from the shower triggered it. VZW is giving her a new phone surprisingly because of the battery issue. Don't take your droids into the bathroom when you take a shower.

lol I wouldn't take my phone anywhere near water knowing me it will go into the water and a mushroom cloud comes out of where it landed

I do this same exact thing everyday and have done it for many months before the droid. I've never tripped the water sensor before.

Edit:

My wife tripped the water sensor by using her phone normally and they said it was caused by sweat. Of course we had to buy a replacement because of that. Maybe some phones are more prone to that problem and maybe the Eris is one of them.

Let's see, so far I've got water and body powder on it from taking it in the bathroom. Dropped it out of my shirt pocked at least 8 times that I can remember. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Droid does.:)

I dropped my droid the other night while I was taking the charger off. Scuffed the metal a bit, I should have had my case on! I did this when I was looking at Apple tv my wife brought home. Apple doesn't like my droid.

I thought about this the other day. After taking a nice, relaxing shower, I stepped out, toweled off, and realized how humid it was in my dorm bathroom. No fan, so the moisture and humidity really had nowhere to go with the doors closed. My Droid won't ever set foot in my bathroom while I'm showering. As you pointed out, that's a sure-fire way to trigger the water sensors.

This brings up a good question, do you all think these phones (Droid and Eris) are so sensitive to water that you don't answer your phone if you are outside in the rain?

I'm not talking about standing in a downpour talking for hours, but is it really realistic to not use your phone when neccessary if it is raining?

Being the rain should be fine, not in the direct rain down pour. We don't have a fan in the bathroom, so the moisture sits there until you open the door or window.

don't mean to sound like an arse, but that's pretty much common sense.

why would you take an electronic device like that into a shower where STEAM would be around. electronics that aren't waterproof, don't need to be in bathroom while youre taking a hot shower

I stopped a charging bison with my droid, then I mailed it third class to Pluto... and back, on the return trip the space-mail delivery truck took a wrong turn and landed in the Pacific and sunk to the bottom of the Mariana Trench, two days later my DROID trotted back into my hand, good as new. Droid does.

Let's see, so far I've got water and body powder on it from taking it in the bathroom. Dropped it out of my shirt pocked at least 8 times that I can remember. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Droid does.:)
So Hook, do you work for Motorola or Verizon?

hahaha yeah, phones don't go in the bathroom with me when I shower. I like steam bath style showers.

Also Regardless of phone, I never take it out in the rain, unless it's protected somehow. (Umbrella and what not) I do the same with my ipod or any electronic device.

I guess my wife likes to take her phone into the bathroom while she is taking a shower. Leaves it by the vanity so she can check time when she is getting ready. She had noticed her battery was being drained during the day with little to no use. Charged it all night, and by the end of the day has 5% left. We took it into VZW last night as she has had the phone for 35 days. Took off the back plate on the phone and noticed the moisture strip had turned red as if she dropped it in water. The moisture from the shower triggered it. VZW is giving her a new phone surprisingly because of the battery issue. Don't take your droids into the bathroom when you take a shower.

I clicked on the thread thinking it's gonna be a naughty story about a girl named Eris...:icon_eek:

I clicked on the thread thinking it's gonna be a naughty story about a girl named Eris...:icon_eek:
:popcorn:

To the OP, can we say perfect Valentine's Day present; clock for the bathroom!
I take mine into the bathroom while showering sometimes because my shower radio is broken (Pandora rocks), but I always make sure the exhaust fan is on and the door is cracked too.

Back