Essential, best gnex apps

caspruction

Reaction score
Hey all! Should be getting my gnex tomorrow and am looking for some insight into what, in your opinion, are the best, most essential apps for the nexus. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey all! Should be getting my gnex tomorrow and am looking for some insight into what, in your opinion, are the best, most essential apps for the nexus. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

First up... root or no root? That is the question :D

Honestly, I'm not too familiar with rooting. I had my phone replaced under warranty twice and would not be very pleased if I have to pay $700 for a phone because of a void warranty. I'm sure there's a way to get it back to factory but I'd rather stay away from possible problems.

Congrats on the Gnex and definitely take your time on root - feel comfortable with it. If you do decide to venture down that path, you will find plenty of help to get ya started...

As for apps...there are several that are optimized for ICS but these are a few that I like...advanced clock widget (allows you to have a clock widget with weather, all text no pictures LOL), tapatalk (for staying in touch with the forums) and executive assistant (it is an all around app that allows you to group your dialer, email, sms, twitter, facebook, tasks, etc into one app/location)...

Ok well... lightflow (will work without root actually), Nova Launcher (same will work without root except one of the capabilities), Volume+ (same will work without root except one of the capabilities, be sure to download the purchase one from the market or from the devs website not the free one listed in the market which doesn't work), screebl, battery solo widget, Car Home Ultra, Alarm Clock Plus, Camera Zoom FX or Camera 360, Skype - free video calling, speedtest, Google Voice, ICS Browser Plus, Google Currents, Dropbox, DiskUsage, Barcode Scanner, Android Lost, Airdroid, Adobe Flash Player 11, widgetsoid, weatherbug elite, Amazon market, audio manager, system panel... that should get you started :D Now whether these are the best or essential is of course completely subjective. But I like those apps :biggrin:

Oh and of course Droidforums app from the market and Google maps / navigation :icon_ lala:

Back