Ex Launcher or Stock Launcher

cece5702

Reaction score
Which do you prefer? I used Ex Launcher for a week but went back to stock. I prefer stock better.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Go Launcher Ex...themes, customizable, multiple options for gestures, hide notification bar, etc ;)...

Go launcher ICS theme and Go locker with four key theme. Full customization allowed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

GO Launcher w/ Premium XXL theme and widgetlocker. I tried stock for an hour yesterday, and went right back to GO.

From RAZR MAXX

Using ADW launcher with a York theme. Set to seven screens with six by six icons which doesn't work well in landscape so I may switch to five by five.

I use Go Launcher Ex. It's way more customizable than any of the stock launchers I've tried and its way smoother than ADW and LauncherPro in my opinion. And it looks good.

I like that I can have three different wallpapers as well. One for my lockscreen (via Go Locker), one for my homescreen, and one for my app drawer.

Plus other endless customizations.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

I too use Go Launcher Ex and it's fast and can be customized in all kinds of ways.
Stock works well but after going back for a day I went back to Go Launcher.

I wonder, will a G Nex run Go Launcher? (he, he, he, sorry couldn't resist.)

ADW and Go Launcher both won't load my favorite part of the stock launcher. The favorite contacts widget. I love that thing, but I'm not visually challenged, so refuse to only have a 4 x 4 grid on a phone almost 50% bigger than my last one.

Anyone know how to make that widget work and get a 5 x 5 or 6 x 6 grid?

I don't care to add any apps, especially "overlays" that control blur that is controlling android but the stock launcher just doesn't compare to the customization available with Go Launcher EX. Very rarely do I notice anything else other than an extremely fast interface.

I also use Go Weather, Go SMS Pro, Go Locker, Go Task Manager and Go Switch. All useful apps that are very light on battery useage and run in the background seamlessly IMO. My only complaints are occasional stock locker appearance requiring two unlocks and SMS Pop-up while screen locked that leaves keyboard after reply until unlock.

ADW and Go Launcher both won't load my favorite part of the stock launcher. The favorite contacts widget. I love that thing, but I'm not visually challenged, so refuse to only have a 4 x 4 grid on a phone almost 50% bigger than my last one.

Anyone know how to make that widget work and get a 5 x 5 or 6 x 6 grid?

The favorite widget? as in the contacts?

"Favorite Contacts" widget. Guess it is a part of blur. I have no clue, but for the day and a half I was on the stock laucher I really liked it. I tired to load it on the two other launchers. It will take up space and you have to delete it, but you can't see it.

"Favorite Contacts" widget. Guess it is a part of blur. I have no clue, but for the day and a half I was on the stock laucher I really liked it. I tired to load it on the two other launchers. It will take up space and you have to delete it, but you can't see it.

Go Launcher does have a favorites contact widget.. its an additional download but its not a big file.

I get my phone tomorrow and I will probably load Go on it within hours of setting it up

I haven't had much time to play with Go yet. I will have to check it out. I just found you can do 9 home pages and I could get used to having more. I couldn't stand the stock one so I just worked on getting ADW in working form ASAP to get of the stock one. I can live with it now, so it must be time to check out go. First thing is to check out that favorites widget and then look for a way to make the grid tighter.

I have used Launcher Pro & Plus, ADW and Go, I loved LPP at first and then it got glitchy and no updates so I started playing with ADW and GO. I found GO to be less glitchy and more options and ways to customize it.

GL with which ever one ya end up with. What works best for you might not be what forks best for others :)

I started with launcher pro also, and found it to be crap pretty fast. Then moved to ADW and like it's small memory usage since I was on a D1 then. When I switched to D2 it actually loaded ADW from my google account for me, so I was on it instantly. It did crash from time to time. I just heard about GO after getting this phone. They should really change the defaults on GO. When I first saw it's cartoon look I didn't really want to try it, but I keep hearing good things so I'll look passed that and really try it.

Back