extended batt or not

Alchemist945

Reaction score
Should I get the extended battery or stick with stock I love my otter box but I also want my phone to make it more then half a day

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

If you have the otterbox defender then it can be used with extended battery. You just have to not put the (inner) plastic on the back of the phone. I get at least a day on my extended battery with 4g always on and average to heavy use. I say do it if you don't mind the thicker phone

[video=youtube;5_Xim4bmGpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Xim4bmGpk[/video]

Sent from Rezound

Should I get the extended battery or stick with stock I love my otter box but I also want my phone to make it more then half a day

The extended battery is a necessity for the rezound. It does make it very thick however.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Is it thicker then with otter box

Not sure how thick the otter box is, but the rezound with the extended battery is 3/4 of an inch.

I love my extended battery and see no need to go back to standard one.

Well, it depends on how one carries the phone.

Personally, I find extended battery on a Verizon belt holster to be ok.

in a shirt pocket the ext battery seems too heavy and bulky, but it does fit into a shirt pocket.

if one takes the phone jogging or bicycle riding there doesn't seem to be good carry options for the extended battery.

Try it, you may like the extended battery.

other options are

buy a spare std battery at Amazon for $10
you can also get a standalone battery charger for under $5

turn 4g off. turn it back on when you need it.

keep screen brightness as low as you find comfortable. screen is the largest user of battery power.

try battery defender app.

didn't think the batteries at Amazon were that cheap. i just might have to get one with the charger.

Get the battery. You won't love it at first but at the end of ur first day u'll be amazed at how much juice is left. Then day two you'll think, ''it's so bulky'' but you'll listen to pandora all day and anything else to wear out the battery but it will just keep going. Then you'll love it!

ErcDaMerc said:
Get the battery. You won't love it at first but at the end of ur first day u'll be amazed at how much juice is left. Then day two you'll think, ''it's so bulky'' but you'll listen to pandora all day and anything else to wear out the battery but it will just keep going. Then you'll love it!

After a couple of days with the extended battery you will hardly notice. Actually for me the contoured back cover makes it easier to hold. 12 to 14 hours moderate to heavy use

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

If I had to choose, I would say extended battery. An otterbox case is no guarantee that your phone won't be damaged, but an extended battery is guaranteed to double your battery life or more. Also a case will contribute to heat buildup. I love Otterbox too (had one on my droid for years), but I love this extended battery more.

They do make cases for the extended battery, just not Otterbox cases.

Get the battery and be extra careful with your phone instead.

Well I just ordered the extended batt and screen protectors once it comes in I will have to find a case for it any good ones out there for it

And might as well ordered it since it was on sale for 29.99

Like I said you can still use an otterbox defender like in vid I posted on first page. Tons of protections and doesn't heat up too much. Maybe 1 degree hotter but it breathes pretty damn well
Sent from Rezound

Not sure how thick the otter box is, but the rezound with the extended battery is 3/4 of an inch.

Holy bleep. No offense but that's why I'm not using my final upgrade for the rezound. I was interested in the screen and the camera but its not worth the form factor and you NEED the EB. I'm going with maxx

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Back