Extended battery not so extended.

concept3601

Reaction score
Ok so I bought an extended battery for my droid x. And I don't exactly feel like im getting that whole extended part. I have it on max battery mode.. the display is all but turned off.. wifi disabled. Wtf? I don't understand... I mean idk I may be paranoid but its only been a day and I've been in school and work 97% of the time and its already down to 30%. Is anyone else having issues??

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Check your setting and apps and widgets and whatever what might be pulling on your dx processor.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

K I have the extended battery also and so far I notice a big differance, my phone lasts way longer. Plus what helps me is that once im done with an app I shut it down if not it will run on the backround, I also have the screen at the lowest setting...let me know if it works any questions feel free to ask

Sent from my DROID X using DroidForums App

i am using watchdog,since using it ive found a few apps that are drawing more than there fair share of power and cpu.....i had to uninstall vlingo in car,its caused problems twice now in a week,that watchdogs caught.....also i use juicedefender,it will time your data out and run it only a minute every 15 saving you power,you can always refresh....set your e mail accts and syncs to sync never,or every few hrs instead of 15 minutes...I let gmail sync on its own,everythign else i refresh when i want,this saves juice....

Yeah dude there are ALOT of factors to your battery usage.

And remember, the extended battery is only about an addition 20% over stock.

its been said up there but again it can really depend what kinda widgets / data services etc are being run on your phone

I unplugged my phone at 5am - used the LED light to illuminate my closer and to get dressed (10 minutes) I use this because my gf hatesss when i turn the light on to get ready.....I then used bluetooth streaming pandora on my way to work (10 minute) texted all day at work (full 9 hour ****) then bluetooth and pandora on the way home, browsed some apps, updated others, some facebook....and at 5pm yesterday I was at 70 percent

I have facebook updating every 4 hours, and weather service every 2...other than that just running rubix 1.6

maybe give a new ROM a try?

I can get 20+ hours sometimes with the extended battery on my X.

Today its been unplugged now for 5 hours and Im still over 90% with light usage so far.

its been said up there but again it can really depend what kinda widgets / data services etc are being run on your phone

I unplugged my phone at 5am - used the LED light to illuminate my closer and to get dressed (10 minutes) I use this because my gf hatesss when i turn the light on to get ready.....I then used bluetooth streaming pandora on my way to work (10 minute) texted all day at work (full 9 hour ****) then bluetooth and pandora on the way home, browsed some apps, updated others, some facebook....and at 5pm yesterday I was at 70 percent

I have facebook updating every 4 hours, and weather service every 2...other than that just running rubix 1.6

What's an ROM? Sorry im new to all this lingo lol

What's an ROM? Sorry im new to all this lingo lol

no worries it never hurts to ask :)

a ROM is pretty much a different version of the current operating system for the droid X, normally ROMS are optimized for speed and battery life.

you go into the droid x section of the forum you will see a ROMS section, there you can find the various ROMS developers have made for the device

feel free to ask if you any further questions

Try Juice Defender lite for a few days and see if that helps
Also if your signal sucks that will be a huge drain even in idle mode

Support our troops!
slidered from a wifi monolith

Thanks guys! I put some apps in my sd card and deleted some widgets and its all good now :) thanks for evwryones help

I can get 20+ hours sometimes with the extended battery on my X.

Today its been unplugged now for 5 hours and Im still over 90% with light usage so far.

That's awesome! That is kind of what I was getting with SS4.7 and UDX8. I change to TUD1.0 and I am getting slightly less battery juice left. I have been trying different kernels and hope i find the right one. But all in all, it is still better than when I was not rooted!

...sent from my Rooted Droid 1 @ 1.25ghz using tapatalk

Yeah and I run Rubix Focused and overclocked medium voltage @ 1.45ghz too!

Back