Facebook / Twitter sometimes unresponsive in 1.0??????

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble with FBook / Twitter widgets becoming unresponsive (not opening the actual app). I seem to only have this problem while running Sapphire, which suck because other than that this ROM has been perfect. I can not duplicate the problem on either Cyanogen or LithMod which are my other frequently used ROMs so I don't think its an application error but rather maybr how the application interacts with something in the rom. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
DroidHoff,

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

First question is if you have messed with the memory settings or use a task killer at all.

Sent from my Droid

First question is if you have messed with the memory settings or use a task killer at all.

Sent from my Droid

Nope to both. I'm running stock 1.0, Watermark Themed, 250 - 1320 LV Kernel, Adblock turned on and ADW Launcher. As I mentioned it appears to be just the widgets that become unresponsive to the touch as I can still open both applications via the app drawer. A reboot will solve the problem.

Thanks

Are the widgets themed?

Do you have this problem with unthemed widgets?

Are the widgets themed?

Do you have this problem with unthemed widgets?

The Fbook and Twitter widgets are not themed (I don't think the Sapphire build includes them as part of the ROM) and as far as I can tell none of the other widgets have had this problem, but I don't use them nearly as much. However I am still able to use them when Fbook and Twitter are unresponsive.

I see you're running the 1320 kernel - try something a little lower, maybe 1250 or 1200.

I'll give that a try and see if that helps! I have been able to run LV kernels before on many ROMs and even ULV. Do you think I should try a lower Kernel and Standard Voltage?

I'll give that a try and see if that helps! I have been able to run LV kernels before on many ROMs and even ULV. Do you think I should try a lower Kernel and Standard Voltage?

It's not the voltage necessarily; 1320 is a really high cpu freq. Too high, IMHO.

I agree 1320 is very high! But rarely if at all do I scale it up that far my presets in GEM settings are 250 to 800 on demand. I find that's more than enough for daily use and my battery life is still decent. I only scale it to 1320 when some jag at work with his new Iphone gets out of line:)

I agree 1320 is very high! But rarely if at all do I scale it up that far my presets in GEM settings are 250 to 800 on demand. I find that's more than enough for daily use and my battery life is still decent. I only scale it to 1320 when some jag at work with his new Iphone gets out of line:)

C'mon man. Put a reasonable kernel on your device then, forget about the d measuring contest. ;)

edited to be a bit more family friendly

Last edited:

C'mon man. Put a reasonable kernel on your device then, forget about the d measuring contest. ;)

edited to be a bit more family friendly

Hahaha. I know, I know but it IS fun! Not to get to far of topic, I will load up a new kernel later today and let you know how it goes! Thanks for the help!

I have seen this same issue on saphire stock with both 1GhZ and 800 Mhz LV kernels.

On poer widget sometimes wireless don't turn on turn off after pressing them but it does turn on or turn off wireless behind the scenes. Same issue with autosync also .

If the issue continues, try removing the widgets from the screen and replacing them. If it still continues, then you should try removing all trace of them and installing them from the market again.

Sent from my Droid

If the issue continues, try removing the widgets from the screen and replacing them. If it still continues, then you should try removing all trace of them and installing them from the market again.

Sent from my Droid

did that already. power widget is pre installed. Never had issue with power widget with any other ROM starting from 2.0 . I am seeing this issue only with Saphire.

Not too much to add as I don't use the FB/twitter widgets, but all I know is the few widgets I do use, I don't have any problems with responsiveness.

Not that it counts, but I just tried toggling wifi about 5 times on the power widget - didn't see any issues.

Back