Factory email sync and Improved Mail not working on Droid 2

Stupid

Reaction score
I have Droid 2 Global from Verizon, the email issue really drives me nuts. The factory email sync would stop and go randomly and I finally got fed up and installed Improved Mail. It worked for a while but it stopped since Nov. 27. I had to reboot it to make it work again.

The Gmail app just simply doesn't sync at all.

During this time period, I did not travel at all. I have both Exchange mail, Gmail and Yahoo Mail.

Any solution?

Moved to the Droid 2 general discussion section.

I have a Droid and use Gmail and Exchange. I use K9 for my Gmail and the stock Corporate email app for Exchange.

I use the stock messaging app for my gmail account. I turned data push off in the email settings and my D2 uses the fetch schedule every 15mins. I have had pretty good luck with this as i have 2 gmail accounts. I hope this can help​

same thing here... after working with Moto support I broke down and purchased Touchdown. $20 and my email works how it should again.. Once I was no longer using the stock app for corp email my gmail started working properly again...

So frustrating. Now I have to reboot again to make the email work.

I second the touchdown option for exchange mail. If you don't mind dropping sime $, its well worth it if you want to avoid the hassle of trying to get it to work with the stock email app.

Droid 2 Global - Basic Email Client Problems

I had the original Droid, which synced my email just fine (not exchange) -- I just upgraded to the Droid 2 Global and while I receive all my email ok (2 imaps and 1 gmail account) -- the accounts are not actually synching. I have to manually delete email from the desktop client and the phone. What the heck is going on...this all used to work fine. Since they added exchange support basic IMAP support seems to have stopped working. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this, its really annoying.

I had the original Droid, which synced my email just fine (not exchange) -- I just upgraded to the Droid 2 Global and while I receive all my email ok (2 imaps and 1 gmail account) -- the accounts are not actually synching. I have to manually delete email from the desktop client and the phone. What the heck is going on...this all used to work fine. Since they added exchange support basic IMAP support seems to have stopped working. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this, its really annoying.

I'm not sure since I don't use the default anymore. Have you tried Improved Mail or K-9 Mail? I use K-9 for pop/IMAP and it works great.

Back