Folder Organizer

PARick

Reaction score
I have folders on my screen, such as "sports" and "games" and would like to change the icons to something besides the folder picture. I downloaded Folder Organizer Lite, but can't figure out how to change the icons for folders. No doubt it is something simple, but I cannot find it. Thanks for any help.

Click on the down arrow to the right in FO to get a menu strip of options. Choose Icon and then select where you want to get the image from. Choose your image and it's done. If you already have the FO item or label on the desktop you'll need to remove it and add it again to get the new image.

Thanks for your help. So, should the folder show up under labels?

Thanks for your help. So, should the folder show up under labels?
A label will make an icon that will bring up a folder with all icons with that label (i.e, if you flag 8 apps with "System" then adding the label system will do a folder with those). An item will bring up one particular app/activity. So you can use FO to change an icon for an individual app on your desktop. One app can have as many labels as you like, and it will show up in folders for any label it has.

Thanks for your help! I guess that I can't actually change the folder icon then? I'm stuck with the folder picture? I am beginning to think I must be pretty stupid. Most apps I can figure out.

You can change the icons for labels in the same way you can for individual apps, just from the Labels tab instead of the Apps tab.

FolderOrganizer is the dev's site. He has an intro video and some how to links.

The link is perfect! Thanks so much!

Back