For those of you with problems with the headphone jack...

mjwassmer

Reaction score
Just started experiencing this. I've got some major crackling and it's driving me nuts. I used my Droid for music and podcasts often. Question: If I take it to Verizon, they'll replace it under the 1 year warranty, correct? And I'll be able to recover all of my apps?

Can they transfer music/pictures/contacts over too? I don't want to lose anything.

They told me it falls under mishandling, so it does not go under the 1 year warranty.

Well there's a way around that i'd think. i get that crackling wen i even use bluetooth!! just tell them to put your bluetooth headset on and hear it ! Never used the jack!! so there's no way you can mishandle something you've never touched. :D

Suggestion. Call Verizon and speak to a CSR and explain the situation. You will probably get a replacement sent right out to you. No way is it a mishandling situation. And I just think it's better to handle these things directly with Verizon then by taking it to the Verizon store.

That's a good suggestion, thank you. I'll probably do that. How would I transfer numbers, though? Or all those all stored on google as well...?

If you go to a verizon store make sure its actually a full on verizon store and not a franchise set up under the verizon name. They may seem the same, but the one that is actually placed there by verizon themselves can do way more for you than the franchises.

That's a good suggestion, thank you. I'll probably do that. How would I transfer numbers, though? Or all those all stored on google as well...?

Your number transfer would happen when you activated your phone. That would be by Verizon, *228 option 1.

Your number transfer would happen when you activated your phone. That would be by Verizon, *228 option 1.

I think he meant his contacts...

When you get your new phone it will prompt you for your google account. Once you put that username and password in, you will have all your contacts, and it will usually restore all your apps too.

MY QUESTION: I have the headphone jack problem too.. Is this something they have fixed or am I going to get a refurbished phone that will eventually have this problem?

I took my droid back last week for this problem and Verizon replaced it, no questions asked.

I took my droid back last week for this problem and Verizon replaced it, no questions asked.

Ok, I have the headphone jack problem too.. Is this something they have fixed or am I going to get a refurbished phone that will eventually have this problem?

So far I haven't had the problem with this replacement. I am sure it's a refurb.

Yeah well this is my 4th droid and the first one with this problem, which came a couple months later

kind of off topic, but VZW wouldn't exchange my Droid with a massive amount of dust under the screen. CLEARLY a mfg. defect, as it shouldn't get under there.

They recommended a screen protector or case to help solve the problem, which they said was being caused by dust coming through the ear piece. Neither of which would do ANYTHING! haha.

I got my replacement coming however... so in the end I got it replaced anyway :icon_ devil:

I am having an issue with the headphone jack as well but it isn't crackling. After I unplug my headset I have to turn my phone off and then back on otherwise it doesn't realize I pulled the headphones out and when I get a phone call they can hear me but I cannot hear them. Its not a huge issue, but kind of annoying.

Back