Force Close on Corporate Email after FRG22D

lax01

Reaction score
I have two Exchange emails setup on my Droid and after installing FRG22D, it wouldn't let me connect to one (and was subsequently killing my battery trying to connect every 5 seconds) and when I removed the account and tried to add it again, it gives me a force close after putting in the server name, login and password. Was working fine on the previous build (FRG01b).

Anyone had this issue? Don't have access to the Exchange server as its a client system but it was working before I updated the phone to FRG01b...

Also, how can I go back to FRG01b?

I am having the exact same problem. I tried clearing the data and under applications and reentering my account info and still the same problem. The weird thing is I installed Touchdown and it works fine.

It works on CM6 which is FRg22D based. May be they fixed something. It was anissue in earlier release candidates.

It works on CM6 which is FRg22D based. May be they fixed something. It was anissue in earlier release candidates.

I'd rather not root...that's the problem...

I want to go back to FRG01b...but I can't seem to get it to work...

Also, one of my exchange accounts works fine...I believe its the one that doesn't require a PIN that has the issue.

same

I did not have the problem either until the update.

i think this has something to do with the new security update included in the frg22 update. I keep getting a udpdate security settings message on my droid. I would love to hear how to fix this. i have been searching for a solution for this to no avail.

Same here - problem appeared only after applying FRG22D update. Fortunately the improved email app works just fine. Thanks for that info! I was using Touchdown in demo mode to resolve the issue, but there are too many things I don't care for with Toluchdown to pay $20 for it.

I was having the same problem then I istalled improved email and it is just the native email client with a few enhancements. Improved Email - Android app on AppBrain

Perfect...thank you. Works now...obviously there's an issue with the FRG22D build and certain Exchange servers.

Thank you again...

Improved Email worked for me. Everything else I tried didn't work.
I did get Touchdown to work, but was looking for a no cost way of making it work for all our other users.

Anybody notice that Improved Email will drain your battery when set to Automatic (Push)? A lot worse than the standard email client...

I was having the same problem then I istalled improved email and it is just the native email client with a few enhancements. Improved Email - Android app on AppBrain

Same problem for me. I got the FRG22D OTA update this morning and was unable to connect to my exchange server as I had been. Changing incoming mail settings resulted in a FC and redoing the setting, just wouldn't connect.

Improved Mail works great though. Thanks for the heads up!

Back