Freezing

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
Anyone having an issue with JB where the phone will freeze and is totally unresponsive? It happens while in settings if you swipe between downloaded apps, running apps and all. It also happens when clearing data and or cache from apps. I tried going back to stock thinking it would fix the issue but no luck. Any ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Anyone having an issue with JB where the phone will freeze and is totally unresponsive? It happens while in settings if you swipe between downloaded apps, running apps and all. It also happens when clearing data and or cache from apps. I tried going back to stock thinking it would fix the issue but no luck. Any ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

What ROM does this happen on? Have you tried a different ROM? Running a custom kernel or theme? Did you modify settings for the kernel (overclock, undervolt....etc)?

When you said you tried going back to stock, what do you mean? Did you use fastboot or odin to go back to stock? Lock/re-unlock the bootloader? Also, stock do you mean stock JB or stock ICS?

It had happened on several different JB ROMs. I have flashed quite a few in hopes the problem would get resolved but hasn't helped. I have tried different kernels which I have not changed any settings for nor do I have it undervolted or over clocked. I am running a theme chooser theme Purple Kush. I went back to stock using wugs toolkit and I did re lock the bootloader. I went back to stock ICS. I have been able to reproduce this time and again by going into settings > apps and swiping back and forth between downloaded, running and all a couple times. It also occurs when clearing cache or data from apps.

Edit: I removed the theme and a couple apps that I thought might be causing it and no luck. Still getting freezes. I noticed sometimes when the screen will come back on that my data shows no signal and WiFi disappears.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:
Was the freezing resolved? I have an unrooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus (never been rooted) and several times (often) in settings the phone will freeze. I'm trying to search for others with the same issues when I came across issue. Thanks

Nope I still freeze up in the settings. I am rooted and running a custom ROM which is 4.1.2. I haven't flashed 4.2 yet as I have seen there are still some kinks to work out. Maybe someone who has flashed 4.2 can give us some info as to whether or not it is fixed in that version.

I finally flashed Project Elite 4.2 and have not had anymore freezing. The ROM is running great. Glad I updated to 4.2.

Back