From Nexus to S3

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Talked with a VZW tech today and he offered me a S3 as a replacement for my Nexus.Really excited about the S3,gonna have to get use to eating 1.5 Kraits a day. :D

Talked with a VZW tech today and he offered me a S3 as a replacement for my Nexus.Really excited about the S3,gonna have to get use to eating 1.5 Kraits a day. :D

How did you do this? I'd like to do the same and avoid sticking my wife with my Nexus after I trade her for her GS3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

How did you do this? I'd like to do the same and avoid sticking my wife with my Nexus after I trade her for her GS3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
I got 3 nexus phones in a row that had phone/data issues,and while I was on the phone(nexus),it dropped 3 times while talking with text support.So he was like,Mr.Butler,would you consider a S3 as a replacement?,cos dropped calls and data is a know issue with the nexus.I get to chose color and it will be 32 gigs.Thnk I'm going with blue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I got 3 nexus phones in a row that had phone/data issues,and while I was on the phone(nexus),it dropped 3 times while talking with text support.So he was like,Mr.Butler,would you consider a S3 as a replacement?,cos dropped calls and data is a know issue with the nexus.I get to chose color and it will be 32 gigs.Thnk I'm going with blue.

I went through four different brand new devices with the Nexus, all with the same issue. I eventually ended up with the MAXX. Back in July, I reluctantly decided to try out the S3, worried that it would have similar problems and weak signal. To my surprise, while the reception has been a little weaker than the MAXX or the Rezound, it's been solid. It holds a steady signal very well, and it's reception is stronger than any Samsung phone I've had on Verizon.

Hmm, might be time for me to call Verizon....

I went through four different brand new devices with the Nexus, all with the same issue. I eventually ended up with the MAXX. Back in July, I reluctantly decided to try out the S3, worried that it would have similar problems and weak signal. To my surprise, while the reception has been a little weaker than the MAXX or the Rezound, it's been solid. It holds a steady signal very well, and it's reception is stronger than any Samsung phone I've had on Verizon.
I was concerned about signal,being Samsung and all,but glad you have had some play time with the S3.Thxz bsweetness

They seriously worked it out with you while you were on the phone on the nexus itself? I've tried three times to call them from my Nexus (for data/complete signal dropping) but every single time they've told me that I need to call from a different device. Wonder what the chances of them replacing the Nexus with an S3 is actually widespread... I'm not holding my breath but maybe I'll get lucky too! I'm on my third device as well.

They seriously worked it out with you while you were on the phone on the nexus itself? I've tried three times to call them from my Nexus (for data/complete signal dropping) but every single time they've told me that I need to call from a different device. Wonder what the chances of them replacing the Nexus with an S3 is actually widespread... I'm not holding my breath but maybe I'll get lucky too! I'm on my third device as well.
Like you said,I had to call from a different phone,Nexus kept dropping calls while I was on phone with them.The tech worked it out for me over home phone.Replacing Nexus with S3,I don't think it's too wide spread.I think it's just who you talk to.

Like you said,I had to call from a different phone,Nexus kept dropping calls while I was on phone with them.The tech worked it out for me over home phone.Replacing Nexus with S3,I don't think it's too wide spread.I think it's just who you talk to.

You're a lucky fella! It sounds like mine is doing the same as yours. I've definitely gotten fed up with it. I love the OS, but this phone is borderline junk, at least in my experience. First one locked onto voice/text solidly, but would not grab a data signal for anything. Second one seemed to grab data intermittently (but still had major issues) but then also would drop all signal. This latest one seems to keep data fine (and transitions quickly from 3g>4g>3g) but CONSTANTLY loses entire signal. As you said, while in the middle of calls, right after texts, while trying to access the internet, etc. Completely unacceptable for a phone of this caliber, and I say that knowing that there are many people that have had zero issues. All the luck of the draw I guess...

You're a lucky fella! It sounds like mine is doing the same as yours. I've definitely gotten fed up with it. I love the OS, but this phone is borderline junk, at least in my experience. First one locked onto voice/text solidly, but would not grab a data signal for anything. Second one seemed to grab data intermittently (but still had major issues) but then also would drop all signal. This latest one seems to keep data fine (and transitions quickly from 3g>4g>3g) but CONSTANTLY loses entire signal. As you said, while in the middle of calls, right after texts, while trying to access the internet, etc. Completely unacceptable for a phone of this caliber, and I say that knowing that there are many people that have had zero issues. All the luck of the draw I guess...

Just keep trying,keep complaining,you'll get the rite tech.

IMG_20120827_133441 (1).jpgIve been blessed to be able to be upgraded to S3,so all my accessories,Im giving away.I hope this is ok,meaning I know I cant sell,but giving away should be ok.Forgot to add green cruzerlite case(used).All I ask,is that you be a blessin to someone else.PM me plz.

View attachment 55263Ive been blessed to be able to be upgraded to S3,so all my accessories,Im giving away.I hope this is ok,meaning I know I cant sell,but giving away should be ok.Forgot to add green cruzerlite case(used).All I ask,is that you be a blessin to someone else.PM me plz.
Thxz for all the replys,but it's all gone,Thxz again.

Back