FTP ES File Explorer Help

Hazencruz

Reaction score
Here's what I'm trying to do:

Access my computers files via 3G by setting it up as an FTP server.

Here's what's happening:

My droid is not finding my computer while on 3G.

-------------------------------------------------

I am using FileZilla Server on Windows Vista and I've already set the firewall exception for Filezilla as well as manually forwarded port 21.

I am using my external IP address in the "server" box, port 21, passive, username and password I set up as a user on FileZilla Server Client with access to C: directory [from my PC] as home directory.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm sure you guys have heard all this before...but I've searched everywhere for an answer and haven't been able to find one. I apologize if this is a repeated topic, and if it is please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

-Hazencruz

Your pc is behind a router ? and you've forwarded ports thru the router also ? i use AndFTP on my OG Droid. I have 4 machines behind a router on fios. The host machine i use for the ftp server i have in the dmz of the router with the ports forwarded thru the firewall on the host machine. Its the only machine visible on the net at my IP.

This setup works like a charm for me.

Here's what I'm trying to do:

Access my computers files via 3G by setting it up as an FTP server.

Here's what's happening:

My droid is not finding my computer while on 3G.

-------------------------------------------------

I am using FileZilla Server on Windows Vista and I've already set the firewall exception for Filezilla as well as manually forwarded port 21.

I am using my external IP address in the "server" box, port 21, passive, username and password I set up as a user on FileZilla Server Client with access to C: directory [from my PC] as home directory.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm sure you guys have heard all this before...but I've searched everywhere for an answer and haven't been able to find one. I apologize if this is a repeated topic, and if it is please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

-Hazencruz
I am running Filezilla server. I just downloaded AndFTP and it worked correctly first time.

Have you connected to your server from another computer ... making sure the firewall is passing correctly.

I guess I should try andFTP instead of es file explorer. Kind of annoying considering that esfe is SUPPOSED to be able to do ftp.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I'm sorta new to all this. Is there like a "practice" server I can connect to?

Your pc is behind a router ? and you've forwarded ports thru the router also ? i use AndFTP on my OG Droid. I have 4 machines behind a router on fios. The host machine i use for the ftp server i have in the dmz of the router with the ports forwarded thru the firewall on the host machine. Its the only machine visible on the net at my IP.

I wish I had the money to have a setup like this. The only things I have set up with FTP capabilities at my home are my droid, my PC, and my wii.

Do I need to set my PC or WII up on the DMZ to be able to connect at all via 3G?

It was my understanding that putting machine on the dmz made it defenseless. Is this true? Why would you need to forward ports to a machine on the dmz?

Back