Galaxy Nexus on Verizon Appears Headed for Release Just After Black Friday

gunit34328

Reaction score
We just received word from multiple sources that Verizon is targeting the week of or just after Black Friday for the launch of the much anticipated Samsung Galaxy Nexus. In the screenshot you will see below, the initial marketing push from Big Red will be for the DROID RAZR and HTC Rezound leading up to that weekend, with the launch of the G-Nex coming in just days after.
There is a chance that the device could be out for Black Friday, but the chart below shows it as happening just after in “Samsung’s Holiday Porfolio.” Looks like we have a couple of extra weeks to go before we get our hands on Ice Cream Sandwich here in the states.

View attachment 41990

Source: DL
Url: Galaxy Nexus on Verizon Appears Headed for Release Just After Black Friday - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Last edited:
well that sucks. the only questionable aspect about it is that the galaxy nexus is not really the center of attention in it. its in (). youd think theyd have a separate galaxy nexus time header

"...going to be on store shelves sooner than you think."

lol funny.

Sent using common sense.

Well...at least I'll get to see the reviews of the Razr and Rezound before I make my choice.

This makes absolute sense from a marketing perspective. Blows for those of us still waiting. Verizon has more invested as far as controlling boot loaders, apps, etc. in the Droid series and I assume the HTC Rezound. Lots of $$ spent on promoting anything Droid. Zip on promoting bloatware free, pure Google phones.

Oh well, as mentioned above, at least we'll have two Verizon Superphone reviews under our belt when the GNex comes. *sigh* :frown:

I'm just tired of the stupid waiting. I refresh google reader 50 times a day waiting for droid-life to post an actual release date. But, like others have said at least we'll have real world reviews of the RAZR and Rezound when it finally does come out so that people like me, who won't buy anything on specs alone, will have some reviews to read and help make a decision. The bad thing is that I probably won't make a decision until several weeks after the Nexus comes out and I get reviews on it as well. Oh well, guess I just gave myself a time frame for a new phone, mid to late December.

When the Bionic was first announced, I was excited to buy it. Waiting as long as we did, I figured I could hold off for a better phone. Along came the glorious GNexus. If I end up waiting until December in order to buy it and get a good deal (Radioshack), who says I can't wait a couple of more months for a better phone that will probably be out? The only answer I have is: unlocked bootloader. Maybe that's enough.

who says I can't wait a couple of more months for a better phone that will probably be out? The only answer I have is: unlocked bootloader. Maybe that's enough.

If you follow that logic you could be stuck with your current phone and waiting forever because there will always be rumors of something better on the horizon.

Yeah! I'm surprised I made it as far as the Samsung Fascinate! In all honesty, having a dev-friendly phone is my #1 priority. Specs just aren't enough...at least for us Android nerds.

If you follow that logic you could be stuck with your current phone and waiting forever because there will always be rumors of something better on the horizon.

If your horizon ends with "unlocked bootloader on Verizon" there is nothing but GNex in your future.

it's a shame we won't be able to snag the Gnex in a stampede of people on black friday. it's a shame that big red isn't amping this phone up because it's pure google and they can't lock it down (fingers crossed)

big red seems to always stick us somehow......i really hope they dont mess this up someway or somehow like they always do

i don't think they can, seeing as google will eventually take over the government of every country one day, it'd be wise to stay on their good side ;)

big red seems to always stick us somehow......i really hope they dont mess this up someway or somehow like they always do

Need a post from liderc just to reference his signature right now.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

Back