Galaxy Note 7 May Feature New "EyePrint" Tech!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

A new way to unlock your cell phone could possibly be coming to the Galaxy Note 7. Earlier this year Samsung released the Galaxy Tab Iris to the Indian Market. Samsung has applied for trademarks for "Galaxy Iris" and "Galaxy Eyeprint" in the U.S. and Korea.

For now the best way to lock your phone down is with your fingerprint. Technically as long as you are able to keep a thief from using your finger to get into your phone your phone is secure. Pins and Passwords can be spied or guessed. The next advancement in bio-metrics for phones has to be the eye scan.

The only way this intrigues me is if it is incredibly seamless. If the phone instantly wakes and unlocks the moment i place it in front of my face, and if it can do this from up to 2 feet away this could be pretty useful. If i have to pull out my phone and put it very close to my face, or if i have to wait seconds for the phone to unlock this feature may be useless. What are your thoughts? Is the eye scan a welcomed feature or is a fingerprint scanner good enough for you?

via uspto

If i have to pull out my phone and put it very close to my face, or if i have to wait seconds for the phone to unlock this feature may be useless.​

Exactly.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk​

Putting my phone in front of my face (regardless of the distance) means that I've already "touched" it, so why not just stick with the touch/fingerprint method? While I'm waiting for my phone to read my eye, I could have had it unlocked already! This sounds like a useless feature indeed.

Rumor has it the Galaxy S9 will use a DNA verification lock. A tiny needle will prick your finger when touching the power button, extracting a tiny drop of blood in the process. The needle will then retract back into the device where an instantaneous blood test will be run matching your DNA sample on file, confirming you are the owner.

Ummmm.......yeah, NO. Hey, if the FBI has a hard time getting into a device that has a pin/pattern or password lock, that's good enough for me.

S5 tap'n

Back