Galaxy S7 Edge Features "Heat Pipe" Not "Liquid Cooling"

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

During the Galaxy S7 announcement Samsung was pumped to show off the device's liquid cooling. This "liquid cooling" works by wicking vapor as the phone heats up. This is a measure taken by Samsung to keep the phone from overheating during high intensity processes.

A recent teardown of the device reveals that the "Liquid cooling" system doesn't actually contain any heat. The pipe contains a liquid gas. Once pressure is released the liquid reverts back to being a gas. When you open the pipe the gas escapes. Whether it should be called liquid cooling or not doesn't really matter to me. Whether or not this works is what matters to me.

via XDA

Well done video.

Pretty cool to see the OIS in action. This guy should stick to this kind of video rather than the hulk out/lighter test videos he does. I found this far more interesting and informative.

1+ @Jonny Kansas as well.

And heatpipes have been around forever, they aren't bone dry inside, sure it's not water cooling but there is a small amount of some liquid gas something or other inside to help more the heat. It's not just air, that would be pointless

I attached a photo that show's how this works

and here's where I found said photo.

[Guide]: How Heatpipes Work

Attachments

• heatpipe06.gif
    heatpipe06.gif
    88.2 KB · Views: 417
Back