Gallery not opening

flytmom

Reaction score
All of a sudden...my picture gallery wont open. It tries to but then closes again. Anyone have an idea?

Sent from my DROIDX

All of a sudden...my picture gallery wont open. It tries to but then closes again. Anyone have an idea?

Sent from my DROIDX

take out your memory card and put it in your pc. transfer its contents to your pc. format the card. move all of your contents back to the card. this will fix it.

I don't have a PC...have a Mac and can't put in a card. If I take it out and put it back in will that work?

No. the card needs to be formatted.
I don't have a PC...have a Mac and can't put in a card. If I take it out and put it back in will that work?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have had this issue with the generic SD cards that come with the phone. I upgraded SD cards and love it. Often a hard reboot solves it. If you need to reformat the card, then your notification panel will TELL you that the card has an error. If you don't see the orange arrow, formatting the SD card is not needed.

It happened to me with a new 32gb card. I put in the original card it came with and the problem went away. I put in my new card and it came back. I never received and notification about my card. A battery pull was not the answer. I formatted the card, put it back in my phone and everything was fine.
I have had this issue with the generic SD cards that come with the phone. I upgraded SD cards and love it. Often a hard reboot solves it. If you need to reformat the card, then your notification panel will TELL you that the card has an error. If you don't see the orange arrow, formatting the SD card is not needed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

This happened to me last week. Mine was a corrupted picture file on the SD card after I installed an addon for LauncherPro.

Turn the phone off, remove the battery, remove the SD card, put the battery back in and turn the phone back on. Try opening Gallery, and it it opens then its something on the SD card. You can just slide the SD card back in without turning off the phone from here (there is a way to pull the SD card without turning off the phone, you need to unmount it from settings, and slide the card out carefully, but pulling the battery is safer).

If you don't have a card reader on your computer attach the USB (can't remember is Macs have USB or just firewire, if not find a PC), but make sure you move all apps off the SD card back onto the internal memory. Transfer the files over and reformat the SD card in the phone like mentioned earlier. That fixed my problem.

Selex

Back