Game of Thrones Season 5 Premier is April 12, 2015

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
game-of-thrones-season-5.jpg

Although this is technically "off topic" news, we know that many of you will want to know this (if you didn't already). HBO officially announced the Premier date for Game of Thrones Season 5. The addictive show will start back up on April 12th at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

Fans of VEEP and Silicon Valley will also be pleased to know the Premier dates for their new season will be on April 12th as well, but at 10PM ET and 10:30PM ET respectively.

Here's the full press release in the thread below. Feel free to do your happy dance now! :)

HBO full press release:

"HBO has confirmed that the new seasons of GAME OF THRONES, SILICON VALLEY and VEEP will debut back-to-back on SUNDAY, APRIL 12, starting at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT).

GAME OF THRONES begins its ten-episode fifth season SUNDAY, APRIL 12 (9:00-10:00 p.m.). Based on the popular book series “A Song of Ice and Fire,” by George R.R. Martin, this hit Emmy®-winning fantasy series chronicles an epic struggle for power in a vast and violent kingdom. Members of the ensemble cast for the fourth season included Emmy® and Golden Globe winner Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Kit Harington, Natalie Dormer, Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner. Executive producers, David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Carolyn Strauss, Frank Doelger, Bernadette Caulfield; co-executive producers, Guymon Casady, Vince Gerardis, George R.R. Martin.

SILICON VALLEY returns for its ten-episode second season SUNDAY, APRIL 12 (10:00-10:30 p.m.). Mike Judge (“Office Space,” “King of the Hill”) brings his irreverent brand of humor to HBO in this Emmy®- and Golden Globe-nominated comedy series, which looks at the modern-day epicenter of the high-tech gold rush, where the people most qualified to succeed are the least capable of handling success. The cast includes Thomas Middleditch, T.J. Miller, Zach Woods, Kumail Nanjiani, Martin Starr, Josh Brener, Amanda Crew, Matt Ross and Jimmy O. Yang. Mike Judge, Alec Berg, John Altschuler, Dave Krinsky, Michael Rotenberg and Tom Lassally executive produce. The series was created by Judge & Altschuler & Krinsky.

VEEP launches its ten-episode fourth season SUNDAY, APRIL 12 (10:30-11:00 p.m.). Created by Armando Iannucci, this Emmy®-nominated series stars Emmy® winner Julia Louis-Dreyfus as former senator Selina Meyer, who became vice president, only to find the job was nothing like she expected, but everything she was warned about. The show also stars Emmy® winner Tony Hale, Anna Chlumsky, Matt Walsh, Reid Scott, Timothy C. Simons, Sufe Bradshaw and Kevin Dunn. Iannucci executive produces along with Christopher Godsick and Frank Rich"

I knew GoT was coming back on the 12th, but didn't realize Silicon Valley was as well. Love those nerds too, so I'm glad to see them return. Haha

What's equally impressive is: you will no longer be required to pay obscene cable/satellite prices in order to watch HBO related programming & exclusive content. The HBO Go stand alone app will be available to everyone sometime in April as well.
Cord cutters of the world rejoice!

S5 tap'n

Thats 2 months too far away!
Ya I think that standalone service is going exponentially increase HBO subscriptions, as well as GOT viewers. Its a really smart move, and also, TV cable is the worst!

Agreed! That said, many of the new season premieres don't start until April anyways, so it's actually great timing.

S5 tap'n

I just wish George would stop messing around enjoying his fame and writing comprehensive histories of Westeros and finish the next book.

I just finished the Ender's Game series and am ready to get into something else now. Another GoT book would be great to start during a bitter winter like we're having up here.

He's definitely one of the great storytellers of our time. As detailed as his writing is, I'd rather him not rush things simply to appease his fans. I can't even begin to imagine his writing process. The level of detail he puts into every aspect of this series is incredible. We've been purchasing the series on BluRay the past few years just so we can get all the bonus and behind the scenes footage, documentaries etc. There's actually more behind the scenes/extra content included in the box sets, then there are actual episodes. It's really cool. Plus having BD Live while you're watching the show is great as you can instantly pull up information regarding the characters, kingdom's, backdrops etc.

S5 tap'n

He's definitely one of the great storytellers of our time. As detailed as his writing is, I'd rather him not rush things simply to appease his fans. I can't even begin to imagine his writing process. The level of detail he puts into every aspect of this series is incredible. We've been purchasing the series on BluRay the past few years just so we can get all the bonus and behind the scenes footage, documentaries etc. There's actually more behind the scenes/extra content included in the box sets, then there are actual episodes. It's really cool. Plus having BD Live while you're watching the show is great as you can instantly pull up information regarding the characters, kingdom's, backdrops etc.

S5 tap'n
Oh, I agree I don't want him to rush it, but I got an awesome in-depth history of Westeros book for Christmas written by him with help from some others.

Dude. If you can write about the backstories of the families and characters, surely you could redirect some of that energy and creativity into advancing the stories as well.

I just worry because we all know he's not getting any younger and by the looks of him, he's not the healthiest guy in the first place. I'd just really like to see his vision completely brought to the end that he's been working towards all this time instead of end abruptly or be finished by someone else after his untimely death.

That said, I like that the show takes some of it's own liberties. Will be interesting how they proceed now that they're neck and neck with him.

I invested in them via Google Play before finally upgrading to get HBO last year, but I should probably look into the box sets as well.

Reactions: cr6
Back