Getting back to 2.1 on Droid X

papadroid

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to return my Droid X to version 2.1 ?
I'm not comfortable with the recent 2.2 version that was available and would like to get back to the original version that was shipped with my phone.

I did not make a backup of 2.1 before I did the upgrade.
Any help will be much appreciated.

I posted this on another thread but saw this one and thought I'd put it here.

I messed up my phone theming it after I installed froyo.

My method to go back to 2.1:

1. With the phone being turned off, start the phone in recovery (hold home button and power on the phone, then hit the search button once you see exclamation).

2. Wipe data/system reset and then wipe cache

3. Turn off the phone and now put it in bootloader mode (hold camera and volume down button while powering up)

4. While in bootloader mode, connect the phone to your computer by usb.

5. Run RSD lite and select the sbf file (will need to get rsd lite and the sbf if you don't have it)

6. Make sure the phone shows as connected in RSD lite and begin the flashing process.

7. Once the process completes and your phone reboots you should be back to 2.1 (you will have to re-root if desired)

So when you reload the original .sbf file.you will lose root if you had it?

rsd won't open.

I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have done everything but when I click the rsd lite I get an hourglass and then nothing happens. Please help.

I need the .sbf file...

it says it's not compatible with my phone? :shocked:

nvm.....i got it....huge pain in my ass man.

Last edited:
Sbf and rds

Can't seem to find a useable link anywhere been looking for almost 3 days can anyone plz help....I have win 7.....motorola and verizon told me that a verizon store might b able to flash it back with there machines has anyone tried that method yet?

All verizon wireless corporate stores (aka stores that's actually run by verizon and not a mom and pop store like My Bull Frog) has the needed softwares and know how on flashing phones back to the original software for most smart phones and very rarely nowadays needs to bother sending the phones in to get it done. This is because most issues with smart phones can be resolved by flashing the software back to the original software for said smart phone and this way it saves verizon from having to pay shipping costs to ship your phone elsewhere and giving you a dreaded loaner phone.

I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have done everything but when I click the rsd lite I get an hourglass and then nothing happens. Please help.

little more detail if you want someone to help you. you have drivers installed? moved the flash.ini file? phone in bootloader?

Can't seem to find a useable link anywhere been looking for almost 3 days can anyone plz help....I have win 7.....motorola and verizon told me that a verizon store might b able to flash it back with there machines has anyone tried that method yet?

rootzwiki had a link that still worked last time i checked

Just found out the hard way the stores can flash every smartphone except the x that or two diff versions stores in vegas don't know how yet

because Moto leaked the 2.2 and they dont want a way for users to get back. you NEED to flash the SBF for the Droid X to get back to stock 2.1 (wiping data/cache also)

anything else?

also, check my sig to "fix your broken DX"

this guide will help many

Back