Gingerbread for DX already rooted.

b1ackplague

Reaction score
A lot of your questions can be answered by reading through the link GB P-R thread so please start there. There's several links in this thread to it.

P3droid via twitter has GB rooted.

https://mobile.twitter.com/p3droid#p3droid

" P3Droid OK YOU HAVE TO PROMISE NOT TO KILL MY SERVER, BUT I HAVE ROOT ON CONSUMER GINGERBREAD,pass the word"

Instructions on how to root GB.

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6729

Droid X Gingerbread (2.3.3) - Release - PreRooted

Credit goes to TBH, P3droid courtesy of mydroidworld forums.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here's my question. I know I need to flash back to 2.3.340 - but is that the FULL FILE or the SYSTEM ONLY File. System only would be so much nicer if that would work.

Someone please let me know. Thanks.

yeah I have the same question too

I have the TBH app. can I download the .340 sbf and go into recovery and update through that? OR do I need to use RSD?

Last edited:
"P3Droid P3Droid
sorry for the days of my lives drama, had to get something off my chest, wasn't a cold. Back to business...final testing being done"

Getting closer!!!!!

After digging, We can only use the TBH files only through Clockworkmod. We have to download the 2.3.340 sbf file and do it through RSDLite.

Does it matter if its system only or full sbf?

My understanding is you need to use the full 340 SBF, NOT the system-only one. I could be misunderstanding it, though. Better safe than sorry. Either way, you should assume that you need to do a factory reset. It's a BAD idea to not do that, imho.

Yesterday afternoon, I had ran the 2.3.34 full .sbf file from TBH's app. After that, an easy install through cwr of the Monster.zip (downloaded from a mirror site) had my phone up and running. I agree with Jaxidian, I ALWAYS do full wipes no matter what. Rather be safe than sorry.

Running the GB leak now and absolutely love it. dancedroid

Which version are you using? The full SBF of 2.3.320 or 2.3.340? If you're using .340 maybe try using .320 first then upgrade to .340 with the system only SBF. Or just go into recovery, and SBF with RSD again. Could have been a bad flash.

I just flashed the full sbf it was successful but I cannot seem to connect to google servers to sign in my gmail account. I had to activate my service by *228 and it still will not be able to connect.

Also, which version of RSD lite and what desktop OS?

I'm running liberty can I just flash the pre root gingerbread mirror?

If you're running a 64-bit version of Windows 7, be sure to get the 64-bit drivers out of my signature and to use RSD Lite 4.8. It's a finicky scenario but it works well with the proper drivers and proper version of RSD Lite. If you're running 32-bit Windows, grab the 32-bit drivers from my signature and I think 4.8 or 4.9 will work.

FYI, my driver links go to Motorola's site, nothing untrustworthy. Also, if you search Moto's site for the drivers, you actually get different ones that do not work! So use these links. :)

I'm running liberty can I just flash the pre root gingerbread mirror?

Make a nandroid backup and give it a shot. Worst-case scenario, you'll boot to the bootloader and need to SBF back to 340 (after which you can reroot and restore your backup just fine). Next worst-case scenario (if you bootloop), you'll have to boot into recovery and do a factory reset, at which point GB will then boot up.

As said before, I recommend you do a factory reset afterwards regardless of whether you bootloop or not.

Its on the black hat app now as rooted gingerbread rom......problem is I don't have wifi should I download over 3g.....I have wifi at work,but I don't go back till thursday....

Back