gmail not auto loading?

adamsredlines

Reaction score
Any ideas why the gmail on my phone would quit auto loading emails? A buddy sent me a text saying he sent an email....nothing comes through so a few minutes later I go to the gmail app and refresh it and get 6 emails all that got sent throughout the day. I just opened the app again, refreshed it and 3 more came through. Any ideas?

And I guess I will have to check back pretty regularly since I apparently won't be getting my email notifications in a timely manner lol

I used to have the same problem. My issue was that gtalk wasn't running. Apparently it has to be running in order for gmail to sync.

Go into your settings > applications > running services

If it's not running, you can turn the phone off and on and it will start back up. Or you can just open it. If gtalk is running though, I'm not sure what else would cause the problem.

Make sure you're running 3G and not wi-fi...
g-mail only works w/ 3G.

I used to have the same problem. My issue was that gtalk wasn't running. Apparently it has to be running in order for gmail to sync.

Go into your settings > applications > running services

If it's not running, you can turn the phone off and on and it will start back up. Or you can just open it. If gtalk is running though, I'm not sure what else would cause the problem.

Good call, gtalk wasn't running. Reboot and it is now. Thanks!

Back