Gmail sync problem

Cortez

Reaction score
Ever since the ota my gmail won't sync unless I actually go in and refresh. Anyone have this issue or know a fix? Thanks.

Oh I am stock non root

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Thanks for the link, however I had those sync things already checked. In my accounts everything is checked to sync (contacts, gmail, and calendar). I would like to not reset my phone again.
The power control widget is pressed for sync as well.

Also I'm upset with motorola right now because I am currently on my 5th droid.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I pulled this from the Droid X thread. Apparently this is happening all over the droid universe and is a gmail issue directly, so if you are having a problem just wait it out and don't factory reset.

OK I called Verizon and got the scoop.

1. Verizon is aware of the issue and Google is working on it.
2. For now we have to refresh the gmail app manually to get our emails.
3. It is my understanding that the fix will be in a gmail app update.

So, what I gather from this is no amount of fiddling around with our settings is going to fix the issue. I think I had gmail app set for auto updates (not sure) but after this happened I switched every app to manual update only. From now on if an issue comes up I will have some idea where it came from. (If you read the comments in the Market under gmail you will see we are clearly not the only ones with this issue.)

I have thought about adding my primary gmail account under the regular email setup temporarily - I have 3 other gmail accounts that are syncing just fine with that app.

So I guess just be on the lookout for that gmail app update!

Back