Goodbye Droid 2 Global!

warped1987

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with VZW Warranty. I had a problem with my latest refurbished D2G. This is my 2nd refurbished one from them. I had just received my newest one yesterday and it reset itself about 25 times. So I told them that the people on the phone last time told me that I could get a new model phone since I've had so many problems with mine, and so they told me I could either get the Droid X or the Droid Incredible 2.

So I went with the Dinc2.

They also told me I could have gotten any new phone, except the iPhone, for an early upgrade at the 2 year contract price. But since I'm the secondary on the plan and can't make that decision I had to go with the free phone, the better of the two free phones.

Really was hoping they would have let me get the Droid 3 for free, since it is the newest model of my phone, and it has the slider. Oh well. Guess I need to start getting used to touch screen only again =/

Just got off the phone with VZW Warranty. I had a problem with my latest refurbished D2G. This is my 2nd refurbished one from them. I had just received my newest one yesterday and it reset itself about 25 times. So I told them that the people on the phone last time told me that I could get a new model phone since I've had so many problems with mine, and so they told me I could either get the Droid X or the Droid Incredible 2.

So I went with the Dinc2.

They also told me I could have gotten any new phone, except the iPhone, for an early upgrade at the 2 year contract price. But since I'm the secondary on the plan and can't make that decision I had to go with the free phone, the better of the two free phones.

Really was hoping they would have let me get the Droid 3 for free, since it is the newest model of my phone, and it has the slider. Oh well. Guess I need to start getting used to touch screen only again =/

Dinc 2 is a nice phone, I think the slider is all you will miss. On my daughter's DINC2, you can also use the GSM bands in the US, although I have seen others that say it doesn't work for them.

I am going to be absolutely lost without the keyboard. I have been using my D2G with on screen keyboard only to try and get used to virtual only. Hoping the 4 inch screen of the Dinc2 will make it easier than this 3.7 inch screen on the D2G.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

I'm growing tired of all these problems the D2Gs are having as far as refurbished goes. I'm on my 4th replacement in 2 months and getting one more sent tomorrow this time charging issues right out of the box

Sent from my Boeing sponsored rooted Gingerbread D2G

Dude, just do what I did, call them up and request/demand a new phone because you're returned this one so many times. Try to get other exchange options. All I got was the option for Droid X and Droid Incredible 2. And and if u wanna cough up some cash make sure to ask if ur eligable for an early upgrade for the 2 year contract price.

I absolutely love my D2G. Never owned a better phone, and I've yet to have a problem with it other than some occasional lag(but nothing bad.) I rely on a physical keyboard though, so I'm biased xP

Yeah, my second one was awesome. They only screw up on me when I try to ROM them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I probably would have seen about getting your primary account holder to authorize your upgrade... I personally wouldn't want a Droid X or a Droid Incredible over my Droid 2 Global.

Well we don't really have the money to drop a couple hundred right now. So I just went with the Dinc2

I absolutely love my D2G. Never owned a better phone, and I've yet to have a problem with it other than some occasional lag(but nothing bad.) I rely on a physical keyboard though, so I'm biased xP

Same here, I loaded the cm7 rom on it and its even better. Even though I do miss some blur features that were actually useful

:laugh:
What happened with mine was the headphone jack died, D1 style. Refurb arrives, and it seems ok except for the keyboard having 3 slider positions (closed, first row of keys visible, and fully open). So I decide to see if it boots normally and doesn't overheat. Booted it, skipped activation. Overheated. So, I switch back, fumble and drop my old D2G, and lo and behold, the headphone jack works again. Quality control's pretty bad with these refurbs.

Back