Google News/Weather Widget Issue

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using the Google News and Weather widget .apk 2.1 for about a month now, and has been working flawlessly. About a week ago I replaced it with the transparent .apk file, and again flawless. For some reason starting today I've been having numerous FC issues with it. I am curious if anyone else is having the same problem with it today or if it's just me. I do have about 5 different custom topics set, and I have Prefetch articles and Images enabled.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I meant to add the word "Issue" at the end of my topic but can't edit that now, so I'm stuck with it saying "Google News/Weather Widget" like I know something about it or something lol.

Only issue I'm having with the weather widget is it's not colored anymore. It's just gray now ever since I did a reset on my phone. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't do anything. Did it change or something or is something wrong with my weather widget.

Only issue I'm having with the weather widget is it's not colored anymore. It's just gray now ever since I did a reset on my phone. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't do anything. Did it change or something or is something wrong with my weather widget.
Good question. I changed to the transparent version and really like it better, but the background has to be dark because the lettering is white.

I turned off the Prefetch articles and Images and now it seems to be working fine. I thought I'd post this too because if someone has a similar problem and does a search, they might find this helpful too.

Back