Google Officially Launches Project Fi Wireless Carrier Service

I like the idea of getting back what you don't use in data.. And for those you don't use alot of data I guess it's a good start.. It's not better than my AT&T 15gb rollover though.. and service quality will be the real test...

Tapped by NexusSix

Reactions: cr6
Too bad the network stinks. T-Mobile and Sprint suck in my Alabama. No service here. If I drive a few miles, I'll find 2G.

Fi Comparison.jpg

That chart would really benefit from including more prepaid services such as Cricket and Straight Talk since Fi is more in line with those types of services than it is with postpaid plans.

Great they got it going, bad it's not available in a lot of areas I travel. Central New York specifically.

That chart would really benefit from including more prepaid services such as Cricket and Straight Talk since Fi is more in line with those types of services than it is with postpaid plans.

I think Google is shying away from being compared to the other MVNOs. Their Fi service only looks spectacular when compared to the price gouging big boys.

Anyone else see that Straight Talk is now offering 5GB for their $45 plan for BYOP customers? Text messages and the public announcement went out yesterday.

Back