Google play, cant install apk

jeff5347

Reaction score
Basically what the title says. I had the apk for 3.4.7 and for the newer 3.5.15. For some reason it keeps coming back as app not installed. I have also moved it to system/app and still nothing. Do i need to change permissions and if so to what. Can i leave it in the sd card and install or do i need to move it. Do i need to delete my current market and install this pak. I see most everyone is able to update but for some reason i cant get the apks to work

for me im able to just download the apk file off the internet and just install it like a normal apk . the phone will reconize that it is a system file u shouldn have to place it I. system files manually . leave the old market where its at . and u shouldn have.to change any permissions either . wipe ur data and cache under settings /application / market and reboot ur phone then try installing the apk .

sent from DroId x2_2.3.4 w/v6 supercharger scripts

Ive done that too. I just rewiped data from the market and when i reload it comes up with the accept /decline to acept legal terms and says right on there google play. But again looking under version its 3.3.11. This is weird.

Edit: well ill be a damned. I rebooted after wiping and now i have the 3.5.15. THat is the only thing different that i have done..thanks a bunch 4saken :)

What I typically do is rename the one already in system to "Vending.apk.bak" After that move the new one into system, you will need to make sure permissions are rw-r-r once you place it. When the permissions are set then reboot, you should be good to go at this point.

Awesome, thank u to 4saken to get me into the 3.4.7 version and thank u jsm aslo. I did that and was able to get 3.5.15 loaded. This site is so valuable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, I see you edited your post to say you got it at the exact same time I posted. I am glad you got it, enjoy!!

Back