Google Play Music shows Navigation Voices

marioval

Reaction score
I use an offline nav app called Sygic. Google Play Music app shows all of the different voices in all the languages sorted under "No Artist". I placed a .nomedia file in those folders and rebooted the phone but the Play Music app is ignoring .nomedia and still shows the files. Any way to fix this as its pretty annoying to have these come up when I "shuffle all". Thanks

I don't use any other player becaue I have no local music, just my google music in the cloud.

I don't use any other player becaue I have no local music, just my google music in the cloud.

Wouldn't that suggest that they somehow got uploaded? I don't believe that Google Music scans the entire SD card anyway. I believe it only looks in music folders because I've had tons of wav and ogg files on my SD for various themes I was working on and they were never added to GM.

If you have added the ".nomedia" file in the directory, you need to flush the media cache for it to take effect... Go to Settings-Apps-All and find Media Storage, then Force Stop and Clear Data, give it a minute or so then do a battery pull reset... Depending on how many media files the rebuild process could take a few seconds to several minutes (I have about 400-500 MP3's on my phone, and it takes about 10-15 minutes depending on what I am doing, it's a background process so if the phone is doing stuff it takes longer).

The other possibility is that Play Music makes it's own database and ignores ".nomedia" file, if that is the case I don't know how to help you.

Back