Google's New Live Wallpaper Gives You Phone Stats

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Google has just released an awesome new live wallpaper called "Meter". This live wallpaper gives you phone stats at a glance. Android has information built into various parts of the OS already, but this is just a more elegant way to deliver you device stats. The live wallpaper gives stats including battery level, wireless signal strength, and notifications. The info does not stick out like a sore thumb rather it blends in with the background and is very subtle. So far their are no customization options the live wallpaper cycles randomly through the 3 pages so you don't even necessarily get the info you were looking for each time. This is a pretty neat concept, but id love to see Google build some customization options into the live wallpaper. Grab this from the link below.

via Play Store

Pretty awesome concept, may have to give it a shot

And here I thought they were on the verge of abandoning live wallpapers! Good to see they're not dead yet, since Apple is just starting to innovate them.

Seems like a fun little wallpaper.

I loved it. For some reason it heated up my N6 for a bit but I was also setting my phone up after the update. I've since turned some features off and will probably try it again.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Interesting, although I don't see where you can pick which one you want. Mine only shows the Wifi signal strength, can't seem to get to the others...

I've never used one, just uninstall after os install

Interesting, although I don't see where you can pick which one you want. Mine only shows the Wifi signal strength, can't seem to get to the others...

If you go into your App Drawer and select Meter there, there's 3 checkboxes there. Select which one you want, then the 'Set Wallpaper' button at the bottom. It allows you to select more than one checkbox - but I have yet to see it cycle through more than one, being it's a Live wallpaper. I'll run it for a bit more and see...

Back