Got my nexus!

warped1987

Reaction score
Just got it today. Went to the VZW store and the guy told me you can't upgrade the week before your upgrade like I was told on here so I went to the mall and the kiosk told me I could but they didn't have the free deal like Best Buy has so I went to best buy and thank God they do it too! And I picked the perfect day to get it because they just got their shipment in today, they ran out before this.

So far I'm not liking the wifi signal, I'm right outside my house where the router is and I used to get full wifi here on my Dinc2 but I am only getting the bottom bar on my nexus :-(

Also I noticed it ran a little hot when I used the Play Music on my way home from the mall but it seems fine now.

Noticed there's no stock Music app, so am I going to have to add all my music to Play Music now?

I wasted 4 of 6 screen protectors trying to get a perfect placement but there's just too much dust in my house lol, wet application didn't help either :-(

Last thing, does anyone use SwiftKey 3 here? I've always used it but the little keyboard icon is showing in my notification tray and I can't remember how I got rid of it before, any help?

Methinks that's there to show you which input method you're using. It shows up for me when I'm using Swype, but doesn't show anything for the stock keyboard.

Congrats on the nexus.

WiFi signal is decent. Samsung uses lousy radios overall so weak WiFi doesn't surprise me.

You can play your music with play music, just do the "on device" option. The phone does run hot especially if you're streaming. I noticed Roms changed this and made them run cooler. Better kernels.

Sorry to hear you wasted so many screen protectors lol.

Nexus using Droid Forums

Ugh, so what I did is take the 4th protector off and re-did the wet application differently by kinda soaking the protector in the soapy water then putting it on instead of putting some water on the screen of the phone. It came out perfect.

So now I'm debating on unlocking, rooting and putting some ROM and kernel or whatever on the void and voiding whatever warranty I have. Still unsure about the process. But I do want the phone to perform better and maybe get JB before it officially drops.

Bummed out completely that the radio is so terrible. I have some serious trouble getting 3G in so many areas where I should have it. And wifi being semi weak. Almost considered returning it if it weren't for the fact that I can't afford to upgrade to a phone that will cost anything. I need free right now cuz I'm broke from monthly bills.

Back