Gps and navigation drains battery no matter what current the charger is

captclam

Reaction score
I understand it with a 500mA charger why the navigation would drain the battery while plugged in for the Rezound. However, I've managed to prove beyond a doubt that the internal charging capacity of the rezound is not sufficient, and cannot support GPS, display and 4G.
I shorted pins 2 and 3 on the USB A side of the connector to ensure the "on AC" signal was present and that the phone would charge at the > 500mA rate. The vehicle charger I used for the test was a Rocketfish RF-M657D, rated at 3 amps. At no time did the phone pull enough current to increase the battery level.

This is without question a critical flaw. Why should I have to tinker with phone settings for this. This, plus no real hope of root means bye bye Rezound unless I hear something soon.

Hmm, I noticed something similar the other day. Was using the navigation to get to a location and there was just enough charging going on in the car charger to the phone only to keep it at it's current battery level. i was like HUH? HTC has got to get this battery thing under control. It's one of the main issues with this great phone. Once that is solved, oh joy.

Many phones have had that issue. My OG Droid would only run Navigation about 4 hours, plugged in, before killing the bat. The first phone of its kind things like that may be expected. I use Navigation everyday, several times a day, but I have not run a long trip on my Bionic. My short runs with Nav on the Bionic,the bat increases charge while on Navigation

Back